Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

.25-06 Reloading Question

Coop

I am just getting into reloading for my Tikka T3 .25-06, and I am curious about the loads that others have had the best success with? I have a box of Berger 115 gr. hollow points that I purchased mainly because of the b.c. and the reviews all stating that a massive wound cavity is common. I will be experimenting a few different load options with this bullet to see what I like best, but are there any other bullet choices you would all recommend? ie. ballistic tips, etc...? Thanks!

Barnes TSX 115gr is what I reload. The load I use is from the Barnes website. I go halfway between max and min powder charges, and start there.

I love my 25.06 and Barnes bullets, we have quite the history.

Every Barnes bullet I have recovered mushroomed perfectly and kept all weight.

Last edited:
I am just getting into reloading for my Tikka T3 .25-06, and I am curious about the loads that others have had the best success with? I have a box of Berger 115 gr. hollow points that I purchased mainly because of the b.c. and the reviews all stating that a massive wound cavity is common. I will be experimenting a few different load options with this bullet to see what I like best, but are there any other bullet choices you would all recommend? ie. ballistic tips, etc...? Thanks!

You couldn't give me a Berger bullet's! The guy makes match bullet's and calls them hunting bullet's. The one's he calls hunting bullet's I have read blow up just as bad as match bullet's! But he calls them hunting bullet's so most are happy. Think about all that massive damage going into a leg, even by accident. Pretty ugly.

In my 25-06 I shoot only 117gr Hornady interlock's. I tried the 100gr bullet and just to much damage for me, a 117/120gr bullet suite's me fine. I have never tried the 115 gr bullet class so no opinion on them. The thing I like about bullet's is how they hold together, not how they damage as much as they can. Never tried the 120gr bullet's, Hornady's is a hollow point claimed to be a hunting bullet but it's also a HP and I don't hunt big game with any hollow point. With a hollow point you can't be sure if it will blow up or fold the tip and go through like a solid. I like performance I can count on.I think the bonded bullet would work great! Wish they were as Expensive and just no need for them other than hunting with a light bullet.

I reload 110 grain accubonds for mine. 52g Reloader 19 seems to suit my browning and everything I've shot didn't go far.

Mine likes 110 grain Accubonds, 115 and 120 grain Partitions. I've only shot deer with the ABs, but loved the performance.

Like Don I reload Hornady 117 grain Interlocks ahead of IMR 4350 and find them great just like Don mentioned for accuracy and performance on game.

100 grain bullets are the sweet spot for the 25-06, IMO. Fast. Plenty of punch for about anything that needs killing with a .25-06.

I like them with H4350. 100 gr Hornady IL, Nosler BT, or Swift Scirrocco. Take your pick.

Oh, and Barnes TTSX too.

Back