MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Moose near Jackson

robsev

IMG_8632.jpg
The wife and I took a little Christmas vacation to Jackson Hole. There were nine bulls in this bunch.

Gotta love that area up in Teton beautiful place. How many elk where in the refuge running around any pics of those. I could sit there and glass all day.

I was wondering if they might bunch up like this for better protection against the wolves.

Gotta love that area up in Teton beautiful place. How many elk where in the refuge running around any pics of those. I could sit there and glass all day.

Very few. The weather up till Christmas was too nice. Normally there are 5,000 or more - when we were there, there was only about 50, all cows. On our way into Jackson we saw a herd of about 40 coming on the refuge, and driving around the back roads we saw one group of 5 nice bulls. Kinda disappointing - we had plans on taking one of the sleigh rides into the herd but cancelled that plan. We did see 50+ bighorn sheep on the road that runs on the east side of the refuge. They're pretty wild. When we stopped a bunch of them came up and started licking the salt off our tires.

We saw nine moose yesterday in Jackson, no antlers though.

Here's a couple of other pics...
20180105_133638.jpg
20180105_153021.jpg
20180105_153205.jpg

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back