Cameron Hanes to be on Zinke created Conservation Council

I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt but frankly after his softball interview with that slimball Chaffetz last year and the man crushes he seems to have on Trump and Trump jr., and celebrity in general, im not exactly enthusiastic. The fact of the matter is a guy of his age, who's been hunting as long as he has, but speaks superficially and relatively poorly about conservation knowledge doesn't exactly Inspire much faith in me. Clearly he has had the time and experience to build a depth of knowledge about conservation and hunting, but doesn't seem to have done it . Cam has never claimed to be a deep thinker so I can't fault him for it but if he's representing Hunters beyond his Instagram account, then he needs to put down his selfie camera and tank top and hit the books. Because this s*** is serious business

I totally agree. By the end of the podcast he basically told Chaffetz that the hunters are lucky to have guys like him behind them. Have a listen I thought it was a little embarrassing. https://keephammering.libsyn.com/episode-13-jason-chaffetz-r-ut

I don't expect him to pull a "BS" card on Zinke, but I hope he isn't taking his word as the Gospel. Sportsmen's Country Petition.

These posts suggest to me that Cam is acting in exactly the way I feared he would and is playing right into the propaganda. I sure there are two sides to the NPS advisory panel resignations and I'm sure both sides have valid grievances. It wouldn't surprise me if if Zinke was telling the truth that they didn't provide an update. Also would surprise me if his request for an update can in the form of sending an email that said something like "Can the council please describe the steps it has taken in the last years to provide increase the revenue of the NPS and provide a park service budge surplus" or some ridiculous unanswerable or even insulting question that was intended either A. Not get a response so he didn't have to meet or B. Give him ammo against the NPS. Who knows what exactly went down, but Cam took the Zinke's answer as gospel and spread it through social media. Now in the minds of his thousands followers the issue is settled, the council was all democrats and they just were being jerks and wouldn't play ball. I wish Cam had shot had reached out to one person on the panel and gotten their side of the story and posted both explanations, he doesn't need to pick a side just show the facts.

The situation has nothing to do with political parties for me, I would be equally dismayed if Cam was talking to a democratic secretary and believing every word they said about how wolves and bears in GYP shouldn't be hunted and need to go back on the endangered species list or something like that.

I honestly think Cam is doing his best and I think he is trying to bring up relevant issues and do right by the hunting community. I just don't think Cam has political savy to navigate this situation in which he has found himself.

I honestly think Cam is doing his best and I think he is trying to bring up relevant issues and do right by the hunting community. I just don't think Cam has political savy to navigate this situation in which he has found himself.

He can only get better

This guy gets more access to Zinke then everyone but the highest O&G lobbyist!
CH7.jpg

He didn't have time to meet with the NP committee but he can meet with Cam every other week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back