Kryptek clothing

midwesthunter

Any one use Kryptek clothing? Need to get some new gear for hunting mid Oct out west. Have been looking at this stuff. Anyone have any experience with it?

I own one piece, the Sherpa hoody. Had a few more items from them and returned them. Looked at several more on the store shelf.

All in all, I don’t find the brand as appealing as Sitka, Kuiu, or any of the several mountaineering brands. Too heavy and unnecessary features.

I have a pair of Kyptek pants that I bought because they were a good price. They are ok but don't compare in my opinion to Sitka.

I have several of their warm weather pieces. I do like them all and they are comfortable to wear in the very warm temps in the early season in the breaks. I really have no complaints but I also don't own any Sitka or other expensive camo.

I have gear from Under Armour, Sitka, Kuiu and Kryptek. I have a lot of stuff but have been migrating more and more to Kryptek. My experience is that the materials, fit, finish, durability and designs are on par with the other top brands. But, two things make a difference to me; fit and quietness. At 6’3, the fit in Sitka is not great. If I buy items long enough for my arms or legs, the item is usually a bit big everywhere else. And, while I love the Sitka Jestream jacket and Timberline pants as well as the cold weather hoody, the entire whitetail line and other items I own, piece for piece, I find Kryptek to be a lot quieter. The Dalibor and the Cadog pants are well thought out and comparable to the Timberline but far less noisy. It’s noticeable and that makes a difference to me. And even though I bought the new Sitka subalpine pattern this year, it stayed in the closet and a bull elk and a whitetail buck ended up in the back of the truck while I was wearing Kryptek Dalibor jacket and pants with layers underneath. Animals never heard me.

Hope that helps.

Back