Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

New Montana member

BIG_JILM

Great forum here. I've been lurking for a few months but have been watching Randy for a few years.

I'm darn lucky to live in Montana, been here a year, and currently live in Bozeman. I mostly upland and waterfowl hunt and I grew up in a family of small game and upland hunters. Ive always hunted deer as well and was more serious about deer hunting when I was a teenager. My real interest in the last 10years has been upland hunting. There's just something about hunting behind a dog that has always done it for me so that's what I've always focussed on. I start out every season saying I'm going to focus more on deer/ elk (love the meat) but I end up bird hunting most weekends and only get out a few days for deer and or elk, if that, and usually eat tag soup!

I now have a son that just turned 13 and of course he wants to get after some bigger critters. I joined the forum to shoot the bull and help my son and I gain some knowledge on the big game side of things. My son is set on getting a Antelope and a muley buck in 2018 so we will be working hard to make that happen...even if it pisses the dog off haha!

Tried to post a pic of my son and dog from our Thanksgiving hunt this year...we'll see how that works out!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20171123_093931769_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171123_093931769_HDR.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 162
Welcome! Take it from me, once you have a kid excited for big game - it changes everything! I never had a big interest in deer hunting in my youth but I lived for the flush! Now my son and I have been on two successful deer hunts and its a whole new world! Your right in the heart of it down there in bozo!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back