Idaho Collabrative Public Land

Nice. Tester is planning on going off the edge with Chuck and Nancy, so you will likely get your vacation. Enjoy yourself.

FYI: The GOP does not need one Dem vote to stop the shutdown. Since they can't corral their own members, they want you think other people are at fault.

Just like with management of public lands. They starve the agencies, do nothing on real reform and then act like it's everyone else's fault that our lands are suffering.

With collaboratives, it makes it tougher for electeds to do stupid stunts like this, especially when it's their base that is asking them to stop being petty tyrants on the playground.

Aren't we all tired of getting played by these people?

FJRA was a bold initiative from Tester, and one that still bears revisiting. The reason it dodn't get as far as I had hoped were multitude, but anytime you try and do something yuge, like FJRA, it meets a lot of resistance from the opposition on both sides. The far left folks didn't like it because it didn't create enough Wilderness and the far right hated it because it created too much wilderness.

I think there were a few spots where more work should have been done to find consensus, especially in the B-D. Most of the other portions had little to no controversy of any real nature. Blackfoot-Clearwater as a stand alone bill is a good idea.

Love seeing these collaborative efforts getting more and more oxygen. it's a model that Montana developed and is being exported across the country. These kinds of efforts produce lasting results and real movement towards resolving issues related to land management.

You are trying to revise history Ben. Democrats had the house, a super majority in the Senate and the presidency. They were to busy with the ACA to even consider the FJRA. Here is some of the people that blew up the FJRA. Give credit where credit is due.

http://mtstandard.com/news/opinion/...cle_ce413b60-d04b-5dc9-ba7f-f5eedf36e4e9.html

You are trying to revise history Ben. Democrats had the house, a super majority in the Senate and the presidency. They were to busy with the ACA to even consider the FJRA. Here is some of the people that blew up the FJRA. Give credit where credit is due.

http://mtstandard.com/news/opinion/...cle_ce413b60-d04b-5dc9-ba7f-f5eedf36e4e9.html

And you aren't looking at all of the intricacies with senate rules, etc. There was never a time when FJRA had the 60 votes to proceed. R's wouldn't vote it and east dems wouldn't either. Counting votes is tough, I know. And as I said - the far left didn't like it because it wasn't NREPA. Tough to re-write a history I lived, buddy.

FYI: The GOP does not need one Dem vote to stop the shutdown. Since they can't corral their own members, they want you think other people are at fault.

Just like with management of public lands. They starve the agencies, do nothing on real reform and then act like it's everyone else's fault that our lands are suffering.

With collaboratives, it makes it tougher for electeds to do stupid stunts like this, especially when it's their base that is asking them to stop being petty tyrants on the playground.

Aren't we all tired of getting played by these people?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-to-avert-government-shutdown-idUSKBN1F814Y

"A bill to fund the federal government through Feb. 16, approved on Thursday night by the Republican-dominated House of Representatives, appeared on the verge of collapse in the Senate, where Democratic votes are needed to pass it."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...es-to-avert-government-shutdown-idUSKBN1F814Y

"A bill to fund the federal government through Feb. 16, approved on Thursday night by the Republican-dominated House of Representatives, appeared on the verge of collapse in the Senate, where Democratic votes are needed to pass it."

Look! Squirrel!....

The discussion should be why we're almost 4 months into the fiscal year and Congress still hasn't approved a budget...but carry on chasing squirrels.

You're always good for a laugh.

Love seeing these collaborative efforts getting more and more oxygen. it's a model that Montana developed and is being exported across the country. These kinds of efforts produce lasting results and real movement towards resolving issues related to land management.
Let’s keep this thread focused on the good work accomplished by collaborative projects.
Sheesh Ben/Justin, just when I thought our paths were spreading further apart - we find a mutual agreement over the main picture of public lands we face. We'll have to remember a toast this bear season. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back