Hunting offer from UK 2018 replaces previous threads

Glad to hear that Watt21 will be able to make it this year. I am sure both he and Bryan will have a great time on their hunts. Can't wait to follow their live hunts, and if I can be of help to either hunter please feel free to send me a PM.

I’ll buy you a beer beforehand to talk about it.

I’ll buy you a beer beforehand to talk about it.

Sounds like a plan. While we are at it we can also try to figure out how we can talk Richard into coming over the Idaho border to do a little fishing or a hunt while he is in Montana this fall.

Would have liked to spend a little more time there on my trip. Hard to keep the wife happy when you're off hunting all morning and then go back out mid-afternoon until LATE! I only had 2 days set aside for my hunt, but Richard made sure to make the most of them! Showed me around the countryside, saw a bunch of critters, and got me hooked up with my Roe buck I was after. Success! Pretty jealous of you guys with 4 days! But something tells me SOMEone back at the hotel would have gotten a bit impatient! It's all good. I get to look at my Euro hanging on the wall any time I like! Good luck to both of you guys, and have fun!

Muntjac and Chinese

Ok folks a few pic's of Chinese water deer and muntjac, I have been lucky enough to secure the hunting on a 600 acre farm that surrounds my home, I have 7 stands selectively positioned for success.

IMG_1715.jpg

Ok some upside down CWD bucks

fullsizeoutput_46d.jpg

A lovely pair representative muntjac, like all deer given time they can grow quite

IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

And for size comparison here's Heidi With a muntjac buck we tracked for a client who called us out to search.

Here you go....Is the pup Bavarian or Hanoverian?

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpg
    IMG_1635.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1715 (2).jpg
    IMG_1715 (2).jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 183
Perfect thanks, Heidi is a Bavarian from the KBGS in Germany the original breed club, I spend as much time as the wife will let me tracking on the drive hunts over there.

She’s like a spaniel on acid 90% of the time and lives for me and the work.

I would love to do a bit of fishing Sawtooth, but there are 4 of us travelling over this time, so it might be difficult pleasing everyone!
3 out of the 4 are fanatical fly fishers, but I plan on turning the 4th into one as I am going to teach him next month.
We are having a get together soon, I will discuss it with the others, if we can fit it into our busy schedule we will, you never now we could all tag out with 4 elk and 4 deer in the first few days, yeah right!:)
Thanks for the offer though, and Idaho might be on the agenda for a hunt/fish another year.
Sounds like a plan. While we are at it we can also try to figure out how we can talk Richard into coming over the Idaho border to do a little fishing or a hunt while he is in Montana this fall.

Dave, you forget, I met your wife, she was lovely and appeared very patient to me, lets face it all our other halves are pretty patient with us and our activities aren't they?:)
Would have liked to spend a little more time there on my trip. Hard to keep the wife happy when you're off hunting all morning and then go back out mid-afternoon until LATE! I only had 2 days set aside for my hunt, but Richard made sure to make the most of them! Showed me around the countryside, saw a bunch of critters, and got me hooked up with my Roe buck I was after. Success! Pretty jealous of you guys with 4 days! But something tells me SOMEone back at the hotel would have gotten a bit impatient! It's all good. I get to look at my Euro hanging on the wall any time I like! Good luck to both of you guys, and have fun!

I'll be anxiously following this. Good luck to all and be sure to take lots of pics to share.

PS- I very much dig the tracking dog pic!

I would love to do a bit of fishing Sawtooth, but there are 4 of us travelling over this time, so it might be difficult pleasing everyone!
3 out of the 4 are fanatical fly fishers, but I plan on turning the 4th into one as I am going to teach him next month.
We are having a get together soon, I will discuss it with the others, if we can fit it into our busy schedule we will, you never now we could all tag out with 4 elk and 4 deer in the first few days, yeah right!:)
Thanks for the offer though, and Idaho might be on the agenda for a hunt/fish another year.

Richard,
I can imagine the challenges you face trying to organize a hunt that will meet everyone's expectations. The location you chose for this year's hunt looks like a great spot. Just know that you and your crew are always welcome in my hunting and fishing camp.

So why haven't we had any updates on the upcoming U.K. hunt? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Richard,
I can imagine the challenges you face trying to organize a hunt that will meet everyone's expectations. The location you chose for this year's hunt looks like a great spot. Just know that you and your crew are always welcome in my hunting and fishing camp.
Many thanks Sawtooth, I will bank the invitation!

So why haven't we had any updates on the upcoming U.K. hunt? Inquiring minds would like to know!
I messaged Watt21 on Facebook messenger but he hasn't read it yet, I will pm him.
He is busy at work from what I understand and is having trouble working out some dates.
Cheers
Richard

The latest update, Watt21 has been too busy at work to make this happen yet, but is hoping to visit in December.

Brymore has indicated to me might plan to visit in February 2019, if he does I might re-open the offer again for later in 2019, we should be able to squeeze another hunter in later in the year.

The best times to visit are between November 1st and 31st March, every deer and either sex are in season, except the Roe Buck, it really increases your chances of success!
After all you will have come a long way!

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Brymoore has left me, and arrived with Lee late yesterday, he departs London on Saturday.

I showed him the coast, bought him fish and chips, took him up my local pub for a few beers and to meet some local 'character's, and on his last night joined myself and the wife for a venison casserole and pavlova sweet (all cooked by me between stalks!) and a visit to a local tire store!

I'm sure when he gets home he will update the site with some photo's.

Cheers

Richard

Looking forward to the upcoming story from Bryan. Sounds like you gave him a great taste of all that the UK has to offer. Good luck to Bryan and Lee in Norfork. Hope he is able to add a nice Red deer to his list.

Last edited:
Yep, waiting for him to speak up as well. From the message I got, it seems like he just may have a story about travels that beats mine!

Looking forward to the upcoming story from Bryan. Sounds like you gave him a great taste of all that the UK has to offer. Good luck to Bryan and Lee in Norfork. Hope he is able to add a nice Red deer to his list.

Don’t talk to me about red deer, they were there 7pm the night before and 5am the morning we went!

They are a pain in the rear!

Bryan is now on the road heading back to the airport via a couple of stops.

I have friends coming tomorrow morning hunting red deer fingers crossed we might have some luck.

Red deer may be a myth.

I had a great time and will report later. I’m in London trying not to get too lost.

Back