Have a chance to buy one of two Kimber rifles, Which One??

blue devil

I have a chance to buy a Kimber M8400 .280 Ackley Improved with stainless steel receiver and wood stock or a Kimber M89 BGR .280 with blued and wood

Which is the better model of rifle out of the two? Suggestions on which model of Kimber is the better of the two and what may be a reasonable price for either

That Super Grade is sweet..aren't they both blued Stainless? I'm assuming the Ackley is a Classic? I'd rather have the AI. Tough to estimate value with info provided.

I'm a sucker for stainless finish & walnut...might be too pretty to carry but the AI would be my choice. At least a grand to 1200. Around 8-900 for the Classic in .280.

Asking prices?

I am guessing they are going to be looking for closer to 1700-1800 for that M89 BGR. It is technically a "Kimber of Oregon", not a Kimber as we know it today, and their limited numbers seem to be sought after pretty hard. Their Super grades can fetch 3k+.

If someone were to give me a stainless gun, I'd buy a can of high heat black matt spray paint and fix that! :)

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back