Possible move in my near future

Tim433

Hey all, just a couple quick questions. I may have a career opportunity that will require moving to Nevada. I’m addicted to hunting mule deer here in Southern California, and I know there are opportunities in northern Nevada, but the question is, are there any quality opportunities in the Southern region of the state for mule deer? Is there anything else to hunt in the Southern parts of the state? Thanks in advance.

There are some quality deer units in So. NV that have some monster bucks but those tags are very hard to draw. What they lack in numbers they more than make up in quality. There are also lots of quail and chukar only a couple of hours from Vegas.
Good luck with your move should you take it.

I second the above comments. There is lots of chuckar and quail habitat and birds you can be home by lunch by. Also there is some waterfowl opportunities too

Then again if your planning for more than a weekend trip its really no big deal to drive 5 hours to Ely or 7 hours to Elko where its much easier to get tags. I'm assuming your landing in Vegas. Elko is worth the drive as far less pressure from other hunters.

Then again if your planning for more than a weekend trip its really no big deal to drive 5 hours to Ely or 7 hours to Elko where its much easier to get tags. I'm assuming your landing in Vegas. Elko is worth the drive as far less pressure from other hunters.

Both of those areas are a couple of my favorites. Tons of chukars near Elko.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back