Wyoming 103

mtmuley

Have access to a pretty sizeable ranch in the unit. Wondering how the numbers are. Decent bucks to be found? Looks to me like I could draw with no points. Thanks guys. mtmuley

If the stats stay the same you should draw a tag with no PPs, as last year 66.36% drew it in the Regular Draw with no PPs and the remaining first choice applicants got the tag in the Random Draw. Last year they issued 575 buck tags and 550 doe/fawn tags, so that's one of the better units in the state for tag numbers and I have to assume that's due to a good population of animals since I've never actually hunted it. With a good winter this year there, and so far it's been easy, you should do fine if you have access to a big ranch to look over a lot of bucks.

Thanks TG. Now I just need to figure out if I can fit the hunt in if I draw. mtmuley

I talked with the biologist out there yesterday, he said if you come and had access to private pick up a cow tag in the draw, they are 100% and it opens on Aug 15. So you can take that Magnum and let it bark a little hunting both in September. That should make the drive worth it.

Tony

Last edited:
I have access to a different part of the same ranch where a cow should almost be a gimme. The odds for NR bull tags suck, but might try anyway. mtmuley

So I am guessing 103 isn't a big antelope buck hotspot? Sounds like good numbers of critters though. mtmuley

So I am guessing 103 isn't a big antelope buck hotspot? Sounds like good numbers of critters though. mtmuley

What kind of hunt are you looking for? One with good numbers of critters and where a solid 13" buck is very realistic? Or do you want to get away from people and look over tons of bucks before you find an 80"? Or a combo of both scenarios or something entirely different?

Don't care really. Just trying to get a feel for the kind of bucks in the unit. I have pretty much sole access to a ranch. Well, except for the locals that sneak on. Most of the time I spent out there was on a different part of the property, so I didn't get a good look at the antelope numbers. Since I just like to hunt them, big or small, I think I'll apply. mtmuley

Don't care really. Just trying to get a feel for the kind of bucks in the unit. I have pretty much sole access to a ranch. Well, except for the locals that sneak on. Most of the time I spent out there was on a different part of the property, so I didn't get a good look at the antelope numbers. Since I just like to hunt them, big or small, I think I'll apply. mtmuley

Numbers are decent. It's not a big buck hotspot, but a respectable buck would be a reasonable expectation with private access, with a chance at a nicer buck.

MTmuley, what did you decide to do on this? You going to be there to get that beer with me and Cush?

heck, get me in on a NR Cow Elk and I'll brink good food, good bourbon, AND a massage therapist! (well, 2 outa 3) !

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HUNT7503
Back