Yeti GOBOX Collection

January/February Coyote Hunting

SnaggleHornOutdoors

I have recently gotten into Coyote hunting within Western PA and Eastern OH, however I am lacking some calling and behavioral knowledge. I have called a few yotes in the fall and had easy success but the winter months have been a struggle. I've done some research online, however haven't found any articles relating to the geographical area i am hunting. (A lot of southern, midwestern advice.) Any advice/tips/tricks in regards to locating and calling would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Focus more on coyote vocals for winter calling. Locator, challenge, pup cries..that sort of thing. You have to get them wound up and looking for a fight. If you get a really cold day, do some prey distress calling. It takes a lot of energy to stay warm.

I read an article by a very successful coyote hunter and he said in mid-December, he starts to use more howls and vocals and by the end of January, he pretty much leaves his distress calls at home. At that time, he said he starts every calling sequence with 2 long, high howls, waits 5 minutes and then howls again. Then he will throw in some other coyote vocals.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back