Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Do you boil your elk ribs?

mtmuley

I'm going to make some elk ribs today. I'm not going to use a smoker. I used the boil then bake method once before and they turned out great. Is there a better way? Do you guys boil them? I have heard some other methods can leave the kind of fat behind that coats the mouth. Thanks in advance. mtmuley

Some day I will shoot an elk close enough to the truck that I will pack out the ribs. I would like to try them as well.

If I do them strictly in the oven I cook them on 425-450 for about 45 minutes, then spray them with root beer or dr pepper or apple cider and wrap them tight in foil and cook on 300 for 3 or 4 hours. I don't sauce them while they cook, just a good dry rub.

Never had them, but if you would be so kind as to send me some I would be glad to try my hand at them and let you know! :cool:

If I do them strictly in the oven I cook them on 425-450 for about 45 minutes, then spray them with root beer or dr pepper or apple cider and wrap them tight in foil and cook on 300 for 3 or 4 hours. I don't sauce them while they cook, just a good dry rub.

this is how I would go about cooking them.

I have been told to take Deer ribs and boil in crab boil, then put on the grill. I have not tried them that way, please try this so I don't waste any in the future. John

I tried Elk ribs once, like chewing on a bar of bees wax. I need to try again, you guys boil the fat off?

This is exactly why I thought boiling them was a good idea. I didn't get to them yesterday, so am today. Boiling is a pita though, so I'm gonna try Cushman's recipe. mtmuley

I might have to try cushmans rootbeer idea on my cal bighorn sheep ribsI have,,they are a bit fatty looking but id like something that would keep them moist as ill probly never get another sheep to try.do they pick up any of the rootbeer taste cush?

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back