Yeti GOBOX Collection

Iam wanting points not tags

Iowaguy

This might be a stupid question, but do all or most states have in the application process where you can just purchase point without putting in for a draw? I know Montana and Wyoming you can. How about AZ and CO? I'm aware that in AZ you have to by the hunting license too.
The reason I ask is that I have 5 young daughters and want to build points for about 5 years so they are older and my schedule allows for more time to hunt out west.

apply for dream units if get drawn oh well just need to give wife and kids a stats lesson. Also with multiple kids you won't be less busy as they get older, unless they are all out of house and don't buy a fixer upper in your location and no grandkids, that is the sweet spot but again statistics will probably work against you for that happening.

I can vouch for what Falcon says, you get lots busier when they get older. Between club and high school soccer for my son and competitive dance for my daughter my weeks are booked for the next 5 years.

You can apply for points only in NV but as you mentioned you must buy a hunting license as well.

In Colorado the codes are 999-. I have been doing it for 14 years now waiting to get to about 18 for a tag. In Colorado you pay the entire tag amount and licenses, then they refund you all but about $30 in about 2 months. I do it for Elk, Deer, Antelope and give them about $1300 every year. Then they refund me about $1200. Its a great system compared to the Peoples Republic of Oregon where I live. Here you have to buy a non refundable licenses which and if you don't get drawn or you just want a point it will cost you about $300 as an out of state hunter.

In Colorado the codes are 999-. I have been doing it for 14 years now waiting to get to about 18 for a tag. In Colorado you pay the entire tag amount and licenses, then they refund you all but about $30 in about 2 months. I do it for Elk, Deer, Antelope and give them about $1300 every year. Then they refund me about $1200. Its a great system compared to the Peoples Republic of Oregon where I live. Here you have to buy a non refundable licenses which and if you don't get drawn or you just want a point it will cost you about $300 as an out of state hunter.

I read on another thread that in Colo starting in 2018 we wont have to pay the entire tag amt. anymore, dont know for sure just what I read

That would be great. I prefer not to loan the state my money. I work harder than they do.

Back