Anyone Intetrsted in SD snow goose hunt March 2018?

406LIFE

Any guys from MT want to go? Will be in Redfield, SD area. Prob cost is $500 for 3 days, plus food/hotel.

Been wanting to do this but cant find anyone willing to chase birds with me.

If the trip isn't depending on you carpooling from Montana I'd be interested in meeting you there if the dates worked out. Got anymore info?

More info, I’m also in the Bitterroot. A couple buddies and I have wanted to do this

Ive Hunted Yankton SD snow geese in March last two years and it was awesome. One year it was so hot we were in t-shirts in our coffin blinds and the next we froze our butts off even though wrapped in parkas, electric socks, hand warmers, etc. Some days had almost no geese. Others had millions in the sky and sometimes half million or so would land close enough to watch but not shoot. Dang! I'm in Vegas and might be interested in a second shot at this season if y'all are up for it. Might be cheaper if you fill a whole field. I think they generally do 6 to 8 hunters with a guide.

Here are details:

1. March 23-25 in Redfield, SD
2. $600 includes the lodging.
3. Would like to carpool with people from Missoula to SD.
4. Anyone out of state is more than welcome to join.
5. Deposit for the hunt is $300, nonrefundable.
6. Six spots currently open.

Full disclosure, I have not hunted with this outfit, but it comes recommended to me by those who have. I can pass on a list of references.

I will more than likely go by myself, curse of being a waterfowler in the king big game states.

I'm interested. A few questions though. When you say "outfit" is it a guided hunt or what?

I've hunted the Yankton / Mitchell area that late in March will mostly be to late. The migration depends on the snow line in northern SD and North Dakota. Search South Dakota white geese migration map. We didn't make it last year because of the warm weather!

Well, maybe next year will be better. Not enough interest this year. For you guys who PM'd me, I will see if we can't do it right next year and get more notice.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back