Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Waterfowl Jealousy !

Trigger50

I'm jealous of your guys in the western states that can hunt ducks in Dec. The season closes here in MN in late November before the hunting usually gets really good. I wish we could hunt them here in December.

I agree man, We are a bit better here in Illinois with the central zone going to Dec 26th. That being said, I saw a post from a hunter near Rochester, NY still hunting ducks. Though with the weather for the last week it wouldn't matter. Open water is pretty much non-existent. Even the Canada geese have left!

I agree! We have some great hunting in ND but just when the birds are getting all plumed out and beautiful, everything freezes and they head south. We can shoot honkers here in December but I'd rather shoot ducks.

Dude keep it down.. everyone knows that central flyway is king.. Arkansas..Louisiana... that's where the duck hunting is best..

Over here in the pacific we get over 100 days a season and a 7 bird limit ..lol.. January is lights out around here..the colder the better.. if you know where to look..

If you ever want to experience some cool waterfowling.. hunt the sacramento valley in January..

Last edited:
Yes, I would love to head out to Montana or Idaho waterfowl hunting in December or January. Around here the season closes in mid-November but this year the vast majority of my spots were froze early November which was disappointing. I am not much of a field hunter and most of the fields are tough to get permission to hunt because of deer hunting, leases, etc.

In NC we hunt till the last Saturday in January, and guys still fuss that our season needs to be later as it often doesn't get good till the last week or two. Whenever it is good here, it doesn't seem to compare to central or western hunts.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back