Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Favorite truck accessories?

Dave N, I went to a tri fold hard cover after we lost a few fly rods in NY that seemed to be lost to a shady fella with a knife. Like you said "relatively" safe. Other then that tire chains.

Caravan truck topper. Keeps all the other accessories from disappearing when I'm not at the truck. I like the double barn doors, with no tailgate. A simple step slid in the receiver makes it so I can even climb in with ski boots on. Has a rack on top to make hauling the canoe easy, or when I screw up and have to do stuff around the house, I can haul oversize lumber, too.

I kinda like this bumper mounted carrier. Got it for about $150 at Sam's Club. The first time we used it, it seemed like the 18 wheelers [in spite of all of the reflectors] were getting too close. So I bought the lights from a place call etrailer.com and added those. I think it's easier to double stack coolers/totes in it.

m51g1AH.jpg

EeLOWf1.jpg

sq6A0Ps.jpg

skfvBLk.jpg

Last edited:
Good call, cause I TOTALLY agree!!! I have had mine for 14 years as well, and still just like new. Luv the ability to cushion, but pine needles can be pain to remove from the outer layer. Still...... but worth every penny! I will be a installing this in my next truck, no question!!

Sorry..... screwed up this original post (didnt quote)

Last edited:
Hands down, my favorite accessory is the BedRug. It's a tough polypropylene carpet like material with a dense closed cell foam base that fills the ribs in the bed to make a flat surface that's easy on the knees. It protects the bed, gear and even furniture, and things don't slide around on it.

You can use a pressure washer to clean it, but I use a vacuum and occasionally a Rug Doctor. After ~14 years of use in my Tundra the BedRug has held up well and is like new. Coupled with my high-back Leer topper, the BedRug protects whatever I'm carrying. My next truck will definitely have one in it.
Good call, cause I TOTALLY agree!!! I have had mine for 14 years as well, and still just like new. Luv the ability to cushion, but pine needles can be pain to remove from the outer layer. Still...... but worth every penny! I will be a installing this in my next truck, no question!!

I had a Decked for a number of years (under a shell) and really liked it but ultimately found it wasn't super space efficient. Having 3 kids and all my out of state hunts involving 3+ guys in my truck it just didn't make sense. Built myself a higher storage deck so coolers and totes fit both on top and bottom and guns have a slot above the wheel wells. That being said the decked system was really really nice if you don't have a lot of stuff. And my most used accessory it seems these days is 200+ feet of chain, strap and synthetic winch rope for pulling out sorry suckers who get stuck. With snatch blocks and tree straps thrown in too. One day I'll be unlucky enough to need them myself.

Last two trucks first mod is a full Ranch hand front bumper. Then a leer topper and I am a huge fan of bedrugs...much more durable than you think and very comfortable to sleep on if needed.

Last edited:
2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4.

Spray on bed liner, vehicle recovery kit, Jerry gas can & 5 gallon water jug.

Also, hitch mounted cargo rack. Have use it every year since I purchased it.

Ranch hand full front bumper, spray in bed liner, and All Terrain tires are a must. The ranch hand alone pays for itself the first time you hit a deer

lots of good pieces of equipment already mentioned, so I'll chime in with one I didn't see but I love having: an on-board air compressor. It's great to air down when off pavement (better tire wear & grip), and if you need air for a flat tire, or you are lazy or short of breath and want to get your sleeping pad inflated easier than getting red faced, I've learned it comes in handy there too :)
Gus air compressor.jpg

Air Compressor, Small Axe, Saw, Tow Straps, Tie downs- All in my Decked system. Under the topper, I've got 4 mattress toppers stacked together on top of the Deck, and a 0 degree flannel sleeping bag on top of that with a Lil Buddy heater for the mornings- Mobile palace for those cold nights. Rolling out of bed and having no camp takedown is such a luxury. Camp stove and grill stay in the Deck drawer as well with enough food and water to last a good bit. The flexibility of camping where you want and when you want is great for hunting.

Air Compressor, Small Axe, Saw, Tow Straps, Tie downs- All in my Decked system. Under the topper, I've got 4 mattress toppers stacked together on top of the Deck, and a 0 degree flannel sleeping bag on top of that with a Lil Buddy heater for the mornings- Mobile palace for those cold nights. Rolling out of bed and having no camp takedown is such a luxury. Camp stove and grill stay in the Deck drawer as well with enough food and water to last a good bit. The flexibility of camping where you want and when you want is great for hunting.

While I don't have a real "Decked" system, my homemade setup via 2x6's and plywood allows for plastic tote storage of the same items and I always keep enough Mtn house on board for any trip along with stove and essentials. It makes hunting trips easy to load up for as well with the only items to be loaded for a trip being clothes box, bow/rifle, pack, and boots. Of course, this is always a work in progress with amendments and modifications to improve the process.

Beats the heck out of rental vehicle. :hump:

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back