Caribou Gear

Favorite truck accessories?

Idahoarcheryhunter

I saw this thread on another forum and thought it would be a good idea to throw it up here not sure if it has been talked about yet , some of my personal favorites are; spray in bed liner, good AT tires and a couple tow straps, ratchet straps etc.

Motorcycle straps, snatch straps, shackles.. Scraper (year 'round), A/C converter, gloves, sunscreen, cell charger, binos, Tikka .223

A/T's, Fabtech leveling, AMP Retractables, and Retrax bed cover..., .40 Sig in the console....should be done.

Canopy/topper has proved very useful on hunts to help haul and protect all my 'necessities.' Most of the year it's off for farm work, but for hunting I'm a fan.

The saddle bags over the rear fenders. Holds ALL of the extra tools, chains, hitches, tiedowns, etc. Love it

1985 SR5 Toyota- Goodyear MT/R tires, Warn winch, fuel injection, and flatbed.
2008 3500 Dodge- Toyo ATS/Xtreme tires, flatbed, Ranch Hand bumper, and an interior I can spray out with a garden hose to clean.

Best accessory I've added to my F-150 is real tow mirrors. They are so much better than the standard side-view mirrors. Makes it so much easier backing into parking spots with the lower mirror and are obviously great for towing. Definitely the best money I've spent on my truck.

My best accessory was the locking rear differential I had installed about 10 years ago.

'98 Tacoma - Snugtop insl shell, Thule rack w/Yakima basket,chains I have used a few times,come-a-long,straps,pulley& tree rope in milk crate. Have pulled my truck out maybe 3 times,countless others. Kenda tires.

'01 F150 offroad - Rebuilding the Tacoma lumber rack to fit & installing a head-ache rack screen w/Warne winch for hauling in elk & firewood.
Need chains for this truck. Need to get more aggressive tires now,probably Kendas or Coopers.
Need seat covers to protect leather.

Hands down, my favorite accessory is the BedRug. It's a tough polypropylene carpet like material with a dense closed cell foam base that fills the ribs in the bed to make a flat surface that's easy on the knees. It protects the bed, gear and even furniture, and things don't slide around on it.

You can use a pressure washer to clean it, but I use a vacuum and occasionally a Rug Doctor. After ~14 years of use in my Tundra the BedRug has held up well and is like new. Coupled with my high-back Leer topper, the BedRug protects whatever I'm carrying. My next truck will definitely have one in it.

First thing I throw on is a tonneau cover. I prefer a soft one that rolls up out of the way quickly if I need to get into the bed. Nice to have a "trunk" on my truck to keep things relatively safe, clean and dry. Good tires as soon as possible. I pretty much always carry a small tool set, tow strap, jumper cables, ratchet straps, and I try to have a spare quart of oil tucked in the door pocket.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back