Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Mount Ideas

EYJONAS!

I recently have just taken a nice tom and am currently searching for some ideas on a pose. I have a few ideas, I'm not a huge fan of the in your face growling lion. I already have one mounted laying on a rock and I am trying to come up with one either walking or treed. Does anyone have a picture of their lion or some sort of feline mounted they'd like to share. Thanks!

I have put a few picture below of him, he is the best cat that I have seen in a tree in the 9 years I have been going. We estimate him at 160 lbs his skull is 14 7/8 over all length is 90 inches tip to tip. He gave a us a great chase over about 6 miles round trip and a couple real nice trees. I don't have much for pictures of him in the tree but I included one below (My buddy has them all). I pondered shooting him for about 15 or so minutes because I have been holding out for quite some time for a good mature tom. I took him with my bow on the third time he treed and wouldn't you know it he was only 50 yards from a logging road! It couldn't of gotten any sweeter! One of the best things about the hunt was having a new pup with us and it was his first lion experience, I leashed him the entire time and he did a awesome job trailing the lion and other dogs. When we got to the tree he didn't know what to think of the cat up there and to my surprise he didn't bay once with the other dogs. Once the cat came outta the first tree he climbed down about 10 yards in front of me and the pup looked at me like "your NUTS if you think I chasing that thing!" It all worked out in the end though.2017 Lion 1.jpg2017 Lion 4.jpg2017 Lion 6.jpg2017 Lion 5.jpg

Heck of a tom and a great looking hound!!! Do you have an open beamed ceiling, maybe lying on a log. We have a rug mount for ours, no room for a lifesize.

Last edited:
84E280A3-20AB-4767-9383-AE9E011DA286.jpg
Here’s a bobcat mount of mine that I think would look good if you did a lion in that pose.

An amazing tom! Good looking blue dog too!! I don't have any recommendations for the mount, but that is a trophy cat.

Great looking cat! Check out some of the work Wildlife Revolutions has done. They are out of Reno and do a ton of cats all different poses.

Look up Big Cat Taxidermy in Colorado. They have lots of lion pics. They are one of the best you can find. Here is my Bobcat they did.

IMG_3364.jpg

belshawelk that is a very nice bobcat mount, I'm afraid to get one mounted as most all people I feel don't have the face right. That's one of the better ones I've seen.

If you shoot me a PM with an email address I'll send you a photo of a mount a friend had done. It is a really cool concept. I'd love to share it with everyone on the forum but I wouldn't put it on the internet without his permission. Just sort of a thing I have about courtesy.

Here is my lion mount. I couldn't find a pic of it earlier. Not the best pic of it, I know you said no hissing but here's an idea

IMG_4272.jpg

Some great looking mounts there guys. I have looked at big cat and wildlife in Reno they have some awesome ideas. No open ceiling in my house and hes not allowed up stairs haha. I got a decent spot for him though, keep the pics coming and heck even pictures of treed cats is perfectly fine with me I love seeing them. Good luck to all hunting this season and stay safe.

Yes they have some very cool mounts, I'm a big fan of your bobcat and your lion is pretty sweet to!

Take a look at Phil Soucey’s work, he is considered one of the best cat taxidermists in the world for a reason.

Here is one of mine that has a nice "quiet" look,.....

himZmR0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back