MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Vortex High Country Tripod

Coop

Thoughts on this tripod? Looking for a less expensive lightweight option that I can carry in the mountains with me to use with my Viper 15-46x65. Obviously attracted to the Vortex warranty and I like the hook option to hang extra weight for stabilization. Are there other options in the same price range that might be better? Thanks in advance!

Vanguard 264AO has more added features than any tripod I have found yet and is a great product. Give that brand a look.

Thanks for the replies. I definitely like the price for the Slik Sprint Pro a lot more than the Vanguard. How are the warranties for these companies? Also, would you recommend the panhead or ballhead for spotter use?

I have had the slik for 10 years and it has been flawless. Not sure what the warranty is, but it was incredibly stable compared to anything in that price range.

Also be sure to get the outdoorsmans tripod adapter for binos. Spendy, but no doubt the most solid, and simplest design for that thing. A must have.

I'm another big fan of Slik tripods. I picked one up 3 or 4 years ago at an awesome price on eBay and could not be happier.

I've been using the vortex tripod for nearly 4-5 years and it's been great. Don't over think it.
Advertising is designed for you to spend money. I use mine for spotter, video cam, and camera without any issues. BTW; I've never needed to hang any weight.
That said, there are some subtle differences. If possible, go to a local outdoor retailer and check them out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back