Hello From SoCal

chip3757

Hi Everyone,

I’m brand new to the forum but have been a big fan of OYOA since they started airing on outdoor channel. After a decade of chasing mulies and turkey on public land in Southern California I’m finally going to plan an out of state elk hunt for 2018 (been dreaming about doing this since I started hunting). After reading and watching everything I can on these public land elk hunts I’m excited to see it’s not much different than public land hunting here in California. Get away from roads, stick to boundaries, burns, and be willing to go farther than the crowds and you’ll have some better chances. I’ve been successful for both turkey and mulies out here in California and it takes all the same effort. I know California hunting really well and my journey is just beginning on other western states. Always willing to share and contribute.

Randy’s “tags and applications” videos were the kick in the *ss I needed to finally commit to getting out for elk. Also I’m at a good place both at home and work (knock on wood) in order to get a couple weeks out in the sticks.

See ya around the forum

John your slacking. Sneakypete beat you by 2 whole min.

To the OP welcome, whatever you do on here don’t tell Cushman gearing new folks should be competitive, You will loose!

All yours John!

I live in Southwest Riverside County, sorry for late response, I didn't have my notifications set up right.

I’m also new to the site. Just checking to see if I can post or if I need to go look for a confirmation email in my spam folder

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back