RCBS help!

Addicting

I got the supreme master kit for Christmas and set it up over the last few days. I have a bag of parts left that I cannot find any info on. I was hoping you all could help.

42EB76DF-7ECF-4F25-A33E-7A9D8BF7FDC8.jpg

The plastic parts are for the small primer set up for a hand primer. Not sure if the other. mtmuley

I think the metal part is the thing that pushes the primer in, in the hand primer. At least that is what it looks like.

Ahh, that makes sense! Thanks for the help. Here is how it looks so far. I need to hang a bear mount and pick up some small parts storage bins yet, but it’s comming along nicely.

CCACC7F8-B97B-4E0B-B18E-33DC27E62478.jpg

I figured it is like a garage. You can never build one big enough. I’m sure it will fill up in no time.

You’ll probably want some shelves over the bench. Looks nice

I agree with others. The white parts are 100% for the hand primer tool. The black 1 is for large primers, the white ones(pictured) are for small primers. I assume that the metal part is the "rod" that seats the primers. There should be a large rod and small rod. Mine looks a little different than that so I'm not sure, but mine is older so perhaps they changed the design recently.

Wowzer!! Your starting setup is better than what I have put together in over a decade! Well done!

Not sure about that steel rod. If its for the hand held primer seater it'd have a knob or ball at the bottom. Unless RCBS has changed it. I'm got that same set a couple years ago and I don't remember that part.

Agree on the parts: small primer parts for the hand primer.

Bolt your bench to the wall. It will keep things more stable when you,re sizing, etc. You want to eliminate flex as much as possible in your setup. Nice bench!

Wowzer!! Your starting setup is better than what I have put together in over a decade! Well done!

I ended up saving the cabinet from the scrap pile and just had to buy a counter top for it. I looked at quite a few options but ended up just forming over the money for a butcher block as it was the exact size I needed for the room. With the RCBS rebate going on it was a no brainer when we saw it 40% off on Amazon and then $100 back.

There are two more things I want to add and that is a small digital scale to verify the beam scale and a case trimmer. Those are going to have to wait for awhile as the wife has put her foot down on any more spending for a while.

Agree on the parts: small primer parts for the hand primer.

Bolt your bench to the wall. It will keep things more stable when you,re sizing, etc. You want to eliminate flex as much as possible in your setup. Nice bench!

I ended up having to screw it to the wall studs. I found out right away, that this little press would make the whole table move when it cammed over. 3 big screws later, now it won’t move at all.

I ended up saving the cabinet from the scrap pile and just had to buy a counter top for it. I looked at quite a few options but ended up just forming over the money for a butcher block as it was the exact size I needed for the room. With the RCBS rebate going on it was a no brainer when we saw it 40% off on Amazon and then $100 back.

There are two more things I want to add and that is a small digital scale to verify the beam scale and a case trimmer. Those are going to have to wait for awhile as the wife has put her foot down on any more spending for a while.

A case trimmer is pretty important. I would put that at the top of the priority list.

A case trimmer is pretty important. I would put that at the top of the priority list.

I was wondering about it how it effected everything. Right now my cases measured 1.913 to 1.925. I only have a hand full that measure the 1.92 they are supposed to be.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back