Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

RCBS help!

I was wondering about it how it effected everything. Right now my cases measured 1.913 to 1.925. I only have a hand full that measure the 1.92 they are supposed to be.

What is your max case length? That is what you are concerned about. If you have cases exceeding max length and no way to trim them, throw them in a bin and don't use them until you can trim them.

I usually do all of mine at once, because if I'm going to set up the trimmer, it's easier to do a bunch of cases at once rather than set it up multiple times.

I've got the rcbs case trimmer. Im sure there are better ones out there, but mine works fine. I'll eventually get the drill adapter as trimming/neck turning hundreds of cases sucks by hand.

That 505 scale is accurate. Ive never felt the need for a digital scale. Get a decent set of calipers and the rcbs collet puller and go to town.

I've got the rcbs case trimmer. Im sure there are better ones out there, but mine works fine. .

I use to think this too till I got my hands on the Wilson. I would part with my RCBS pilots and collets,,reasonable.

Wilson is the Cadillac of trimmers. I got one last year and love it. That being said, if you need to trim just a few and have a limited budget, the Lee trimmers work very well and cost little.

Wilson is the Cadillac of trimmers. I got one last year and love it. That being said, if you need to trim just a few and have a limited budget, the Lee trimmers work very well and cost little.

Second vote for Lee trimmers. You can hook them up to your drill, I haven't yet, but they are very inexpensive around ten bucks for thee whole deal, and bulletproof. Stretched cases build serious pressure in a hurry, very important to trim. I have Lee for all my rounds I reload for, if I do a lot at once my hand gets sore but I have to do about sixty at a time for that to happen.

I looked at them all and am leaning towards the Wilson.

Do you all trim to the shortage case length for consistency or just to the max length?

JLS, my max length is 1.92.

Thanks Tony

I trim to the minimum case length or slightly above, that way I don't have to do it very often. You can trim to the shortest case length, but I'm too lazy to measure all of them.

Case length given in the reloading manual is just a guideline. You can measure your actual chamber pretty easily then trim .010 shorter.
If you don't want to measure I'd recommend trimming to book minimum. Remember to chamfer the inside and outside of the case mouth after trimming.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back