Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Field & Stream on outdoor TV clowns

Bully for F&S, Outdoor Life has also been doing a great job exposing the dark side of what some folks classify as hunting.

That is a great piece of writing on the "Black Plague" of so called hunters on tv these days, because the negative impression of hunters starts with them and spreads to all of us.
The stations that carry hunting shows are inundated with @$$-clowns who are not poachers but still leave a negative impression when seen by the non-hunting public. All of us here know there are only a handful of shows that are watchable.
The article from F&S should be published where it can be seen by everyone and just the outdoor minded. They need to know that we don't all act that way and will not tolerate behavior like that.

Wow! Thomas McIntyre laying it on the line! He'll either be hailed as heroic for truth telling or crucified by others in the industry for being "divisive". I hope it's the former. I just watched part of another video where a hunting "hero" head shoots a game ranch whitetail doe with a .50 BMG. He apparently then tries to explain how he actually missed the doe and the vortex of the bullet flying past sucked the deer's eyes out. (I say apparently because I couldn't watch any more and was reading the feedback in the comments section.) Of course, said "hero" espouses the need of all hunters to stick together in the face of antis so we don't loose our hunting rights.

I don't know if I have appropriate words to describe this type of behavior.

I saw the same video. I was appalled at the stupidity of it, and even more appalled at the stupidity of the comments below.

Ted Nugent is a bane to hunters, and it's about time he's called out on it.

Good article, it cuts right to the marrow of what needs to be discussed about the outdoor entertainment industry. Hunting is fun and rewarding the end result is ultimately the harvest, but some of my best hunts have been without the harvest. There seems to be a perception that if you don't harvest something you can't have it on tv or it was a bad hunt, frankly I enjoy just as much the ones that say we worked our asses off and did our best but it didn't work out this time. My second ever western hunt I went on a guided bear hunt and made a bad shot and we couldn't recover the bear, my hunt was over, even if I still had time left. We are all ambassadors for hunting and conservation,and we need to remember that, and if we don't stick up for and present what is right there might be nothing left the next time we want to enjoy it.

Thank you Mr. McIntyre !! Well said. You are a brave man for taking this on !!

" 'Nuff Said",& not said enough when one of these sh#*%! speaks or is on the air. IMHO

Good read, Mr. McIntyre didn't stray from the truth, unlike a lot of these so called "faces of the industry."

I initially used to think of the Nuge as helping hunting and our gun rights, but the more he opened his trap and some of the crap he kept coming up with along with his game law violations coming out in the open I finally decided he is just one big loud mouth jackass among a bunch of the other so-called "celebrities" that are out there making TV shows and that have made my passion just another industry!

Last edited:
Just heard hunt talk radio episode where randy touches on this subject. I am new to all this, and was wondering what happened. Thanks, feel caught up now.

Wow! Thomas McIntyre laying it on the line! He'll either be hailed as heroic for truth telling or crucified by others in the industry for being "divisive". I hope it's the former. I just watched part of another video where a hunting "hero" head shoots a game ranch whitetail doe with a .50 BMG. He apparently then tries to explain how he actually missed the doe and the vortex of the bullet flying past sucked the deer's eyes out. (I say apparently because I couldn't watch any more and was reading the feedback in the comments section.) Of course, said "hero" espouses the need of all hunters to stick together in the face of antis so we don't loose our hunting rights.

I don't know if I have appropriate words to describe this type of behavior.

That video and the response it got made me incredibly sick... Sure glad to have all of the main stream stuff getting shaken a bit from a large publication.

It's easy to pick the low hanging fruit and vilify the Nugents (and ilk, ad nauseum). The more insidious underlying issue, in my not so humble opinion, is the - for example - mentioned comments after the aforementioned video.
Outdoorsmen/women have a more closer-to-home concern than unsavory hunting celebrities, anti-hunters, and other assorted threats......
Pretty much all I do is hunt and fish....... Glad I'm the age I am - a teenager who thinks this stuff is great faces an interesting future - putting it lightly.

It's easy to pick the low hanging fruit and vilify the Nugents (and ilk, ad nauseum). The more insidious underlying issue, in my not so humble opinion, is the - for example - mentioned comments after the aforementioned video.
Outdoorsmen/women have a more closer-to-home concern than unsavory hunting celebrities, anti-hunters, and other assorted threats......
Pretty much all I do is hunt and fish....... Glad I'm the age I am - a teenager who thinks this stuff is great faces an interesting future - putting it lightly.

I sure hope you're joking because it's idiots like Nuggent and this Brackett clown that give the anti-hunting crowd more fodder.

I sure hope you're joking because it's idiots like Nuggent and this Brackett clown that give the anti-hunting crowd more fodder.

Not joking a single ioetta Gr8bwana, these "clowns" (as in creepy, not funny) would not exist without a public audience. Therein lies the real problem - the very existence of a following large enough to keep these leeches around.

Just like every other part of life, 5% are total asshats who do their best to wreck it for the other 95% normal folks. Glad to see F&S call out this youtubish BS.

Just like every other part of life, 5% are total asshats who do their best to wreck it for the other 95% normal folks. Glad to see F&S call out this youtubish BS.

After a three decades of intensive research, I'll respectfully differ on your percentages, Vikingsguy. But I will grudgingly admit that the ratio is skewed to the better folks - somewhat.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back