Field & Stream on outdoor TV clowns

Yeah, let's not cloud the issue with facts. Some people like to know how these awesome places were created.

No doubt. Of course, some people prefer a faith-based conclusion that these awesome places came into existence without design; structured by random events over un-measurable amounts of time in contrast to all observable constructive events that have taken place since scientists have codified the "scientific process". But, I don't think it is kind or socially sensitive to patronize those who hold such superstitious viewpoints.

I mean, after all, "science" is indisputable because it offers empirical evidence and makes no conclusions beyond what can be proven. :)

One can believe in design, and still accept things like evolution and an age of the earth and universe that is congruent with everything we've ever observed. They aren't mutually exclusive. One of my favorite Norman Maclean quotes is, "The Chief Privilege of Man is to speak up for the universe", which he found synonymous with, "Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever." But I have found that HuntTalk isn't a great venue for such conversations.

To the OP, I became a Field and Stream subscriber yesterday.

But, I don't think it is kind or socially sensitive to patronize those who hold such superstitious viewpoints.

Agreed, but when viewpoints are put forward to the masses of HT, don't be surprised when they get kicked around a bit. Would have been a non-issue if the segue wasn't crowbarred in the first place.

Agreed, but when viewpoints are put forward to the masses of HT, don't be surprised when they get kicked around a bit. Would have been a non-issue if the segue wasn't crowbarred in the first place.

Oh,I have no problem when viewpoints are kicked around. I just find it hard to have an apples to apples honest conversation on a subject with two opposing viewpoints ,where conclusions are faith based, when one side claims it's a "science" vs faith argument. At the end of the day any conclusion we draw about origins is dependent upon faith in something we can't conclusively prove. I have no problems with that. I've chosen what I believe is a reasonable explanation to place my faith in based on observation and experience. I don't find it reasonable to place my faith in the other explanation being offered by "settled scientific consensus". I'm not threatened by a viewpoint that draws conclusions other than what I have.

I am bemused by those who smugly dismiss the conclusions of those who believe in an origin explained from a creationists/intelligent design explanation without considering the basis of their own faith.

As Nameless Range pointed out, there are those who do not dismiss the idea of intelligent design without abandoning an evolutionary framework to explain the universe. I would point out that in academic circles this has not historically been widely acceptable as "settled science" by a community that attempts to explain the origin of the universe from completely naturalistic causes without the involvement of a Creator. There have been many scientists who find themselves ostracized and excluded from the scientific community because they dared propose findings and explanations not in harmony with what their "peers" had decided was settled science.

I find it hard to call anything "scientific" that refuses to consider the possibility that there could be a Creator who brought the universe into existence by design, willful choice, with given operational parameters. Excluding a potential logical explanation for the origin of the universe given our ability to observe how everything man has created has design and structure and then saying that conclusion is scientific is ridiculous.

But, as I alluded to before, I usually try not to patronize such superstition. :)

Last edited:
Back to the Hollywood hunter episode where Freddy Hartesis took aim at those 2 muley bucks, see promo clip above. The serpent on his arm told him while he was at full draw.. "Did the landowner really say, 'You must not shoot the smaller of the two bucks in the garden?" Freddy whacked both them bad boys!

I just find it hard to have an apples to apples honest conversation on a subject with two opposing viewpoints ,where conclusions are faith based, when one side claims it's a "science" vs faith argument. At the end of the day any conclusion we draw about origins is dependent upon faith in something we can't conclusively prove. )

It should have never been brought up in the first place.

Ted Nugent has always been a blowhard asshole. It doesn't take a advanced degree to see that.

It should have never been brought up in the first place.

Since when has the content of the original post kept us from derailing a topic? :)

Speaking of the original post, I applaud the fact that an influential media outlet is willing to publicly declare that kind of behavior is reprehensible and name names. It's long overdue.

Maybe the Hollywood hunters could display their mounts here:

DINOSAURhq1.jpg

Then, after smoking both bucks, Freddy berated his cameraman, reached to his bowstand buddy to grab his RaptoRazer Mako knife which he plunged into his side, accidently slicing out 3 of his ribs.. "Poof" - 3 beautiful bikini-clad groupies appeared by his side as he removed the head and cape from the bucks. They were naked and not ashamed.

This is where Chris Brackett makes a guest appearance, does some trick shooting, and taps his Grizzlystick bowstaff on the ground, parting the small creek, allowing the crew had to sneak across to the safety of their Polaris Ranger and boom box - blaring cat scratch fever.

God was thanked in the credits of this program, sour meat was donated to hunters for the hungry, and a 15 minute tearful presentation was given describing the $500 pledge raised for a charitable wounded children's group on behalf of hunting being conservation.

I could totally write for outdoor TV.

You show promise. Withholding final judgment until I see your facepaint and hear your post kill shot catch phrases. Yes I said facepaint. Even the script writers have to prove they are hardcore.

That was a real trailer? I’m so glad I don’t have cable...

Now I know why I’ll never be one to proclaim “as hunters we all need to stick together.” I have nothing in common with these sick people.

Then, after smoking both bucks, Freddy berated his cameraman, reached to his bowstand buddy to grab his RaptoRazer Mako knife which he plunged into his side, accidently slicing out 3 of his ribs.. "Poof" - 3 beautiful bikini-clad groupies appeared by his side as he removed the head and cape from the bucks. They were naked and not ashamed.

This is where Chris Brackett makes a guest appearance, does some trick shooting, and taps his Grizzlystick bowstaff on the ground, parting the small creek, allowing the crew had to sneak across to the safety of their Polaris Ranger and boom box - blaring cat scratch fever.

God was thanked in the credits of this program, sour meat was donated to hunters for the hungry, and a 15 minute tearful presentation was given describing the $500 pledge raised for a charitable wounded children's group on behalf of hunting being conservation.

Holy crap, someone get this guy an agent.....I am volunteering. Pure gold....

Also, don't forget that all of the aforementioned "huntin' TV personalities" must vigorously ensure that seizure-like fist pumping occurs after every shot is taken, regardless of if it kills the animal or not. Additional "Booyahs", "I just gave that joker a dirt nap" or any variation is highly encouraged. And of course tribal tattoos, flatbills, sculpted facial hair and massive trucks are a bonus.

Pretty sure I'm offended by something in this thread. I'll get back on when I figure it all out.

The real problem with outdoor television shows is many in the audience think it is "realhunting". They raise their children on it and worship the corn pile shortcuts to success. They believe they are devoted followers of a hunting heritage way of life. Very sad situation for hunters and wildlife.

Pretty sure I'm offended by something in this thread. I'll get back on when I figure it all out.

Do not return until you are willing to post the picture of you sitting on your dead elk while smoking a cigarette. It might inspire Greenhorn to write another epic script.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back