MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

North Idaho Hunting and Fishing

westbranch

I am new to north Idaho, living in Coeur d'Alene. Haven't met anyone to hunt with yet, and I would be interested in meeting up with other hunters from the forum. I only hunted elk and deer a few days this past fall due to a new job and balancing other things in life. Prior hunting experience was in Northern MN for deer, bear, turkey and grouse. Have hunted for about 18 years. Both archery and firearms. But definitely beginner status for mountain hunting.

It looks like I will only be hunting weekends in 2018, but some should be three day weekends. Plan on spring bear, turkey, Panhandle A tag for elk, and a general deer tag if I don't draw a controlled mule deer tag.

I have been researching steelhead fishing, and hope to get down to the Clearwater a couple weekends this winter. Plan on trout fishing the CDA river and St. Joe next summer as well. Never done fly fishing before, probably sticking to spinning rods for that.

My wife does tag along on some hunts. Hasn't wanted to carry a weapon yet, but she can keep up and can handle heavy packs

So I am up for meeting up/planning some hunting and fishing regarding any of the above.

I'll be in your neck of the woods 8-18 Nov for General Deer and elk hunting zones 19/20 and 20a. Plan on dropping down from Elk City to the units.

Just saw this, I will be sticking to the Panhandle elk area and probably units 3, 4, 6 and 7 this year.

Access from Elk City to 19, 20, 20A might be snowed in by Nov, so it would be good to have a backup plan. Somebody else out there would know more than me.

Saw your post, I'm in spirt lake also in same boat you were if your still interested give me a shout, just relocated in July got a few hunts in for duck but looking toward to this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back