Kimber rifles who has them?

Nick87

I'm looking at buying a new coyote rifle. I'm interested in a kimber 84m varmint in 22-250. Any of you Guys have one? Or any kimber rifle for that matter. Just wondering how you like them for the money? Thanks!

I have a Kimber Hunter. Great rifle, shoots very well.

I have a Kimber mountain ascent in .300 wsm. It killed an antelope and an elk this year, the first two animals I shot with it. So far, so good.

Kimber mountain assent 6.5 Creedmoor.
Wonderful so far. The barrel is SO thin the poi will change as you shoot, from heat.
The money shot is well under an inch .
Got to let it cool between shots to print a target.
BUT the 5 1/2 pounds well worth the bother.

Can't help you on the varmint Kimber but I have a Classic in .300 WSM and another in 7mm-08. I know there's been some issues here and there but I have nothing but good things to say about mine.

I rattle rounds down the barrel as fast as I can load them, and I don't see any shifting of POI. Interesting.

I can shoot 3 rounds before I notice any wild flying rounds from mine, and even then it doesn't fly by much. Guess I got lucky.

One my favorite rifles is a Kimber 300WSM (wood/blue). I have owned other Kimbers. With the said, unless you are dead-set on a Kimber, consider a Tikka T3/T3x.

I have a Kimber Montana in 7/08 and the best thing about it is it’s light. Shoots good enough for a hunting gun but that’s about it and I handload for all my guns. Grandson loves it because of its weight and easy handling. He’s 12 this year and has killed a buck and a couple does with it. It’ll be his when I’m done with it.

Forgot to mention that it’s not my favorite. It has had its share of hiccups and I’d also consider a Tikka vs Kimber.

I used to own the exact rifle your looking at. It was beautiful and if it shot as good as it looked I would still have it. Unfortunately, it didn’t. They call it Kimber roulette, some shoot and some need lots of tweaking to get there.

I had a Kimber Mountain Ascent in 6.5 Creedmoor. First 2 shots would be 1/2 MOA, after that, point of impact would shift (unless I waited for the barrel to cool.) Crazy light weight. A good mountain rifle for 400 yards and under. (I have a hard time shooting further than that with such a light rifle.)

I've got one Kimber at the moment. Love it. Classic Select in 30/06. It's one of the most consistent rifles I own. Kills well too.

Thanks guys, tried some different loads in my 700 22-250 today. Still shoots great so i talked myself out of the kimber I can probably spend it on something i need more than a 2nd 22-250.

Have a Classic 300 WM. Wears a VX3i 4.5x14x40 CDS Windplex.

Bedded it, worked up a load with 180 Accubonds. A dream to carry, prints sub inch but yes, do not blaze away at the range, the barrel is whippet thin (*hence a dream to carry)....

I credit it's good looks and performance to an installed red pachmayr grind to fit pad.;)

Kimber Classic by Ken Skipworth, on Flickr

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back