Kimber rifles who has them?

Have a Classic 300 WM. Wears a VX3i 4.5x14x40 CDS Windplex.

Bedded it, worked up a load with 180 Accubonds. A dream to carry, prints sub inch but yes, do not blaze away at the range, the barrel is whippet thin (*hence a dream to carry)....

I credit it's good looks and performance to an installed red pachmayr grind to fit pad.;)

Kimber Classic by Ken Skipworth, on Flickr

Good call on the pad. A leather coverd would have been better though... ;) Like the wood on that one.

Really wish Kimber would bevel the stock a bit at the action opening. Used to not notice it, but once it was pointed out to me now I do.

Like the beveled also pointer...but don't think the functionality is impacted w/o. I never notice when feeding the mag. Almost left a neoprene cartridge carrier on this one too long but the luster snapped back with a little oil.

Have a Classic 300 WM. Wears a VX3i 4.5x14x40 CDS Windplex.

Bedded it, worked up a load with 180 Accubonds. A dream to carry, prints sub inch but yes, do not blaze away at the range, the barrel is whippet thin (*hence a dream to carry)....

I credit it's good looks and performance to an installed red pachmayr grind to fit pad.;)

Kimber Classic by Ken Skipworth, on Flickr

Great! now I have to have one of those pads put on my 84L Select Grade '06........

I picked up a Kimber Montana in .300 WSM used off someone from this site and it has exceeded my expectations. I've owned it 2 seasons now and it has been fired at 5 deer and all were recovered and in the freezer. Prints sub MOA with 2 different brands of factory ammo. Weighs about 2 pounds less than my Browning A-bolt SS in 7mm Mag and shoots a much tighter group. I can't tell the difference in the recoil vs. the 7mm Mag although it is lighter so it should have more felt recoil.

One more small item...Schmalts machines a nice Titanium bolt handle for us OCD bearers.

I experienced this same internal debate last winter and ended up buying a Kimber Montana in 270 win. I packed it all season here in Montana and I couldn't be more pleased with the rifle. It is so nice to carry compared to my other rifles, both in it's weight and in it's durability. The stock is somewhat scratch prone but at the end of the season a damp rag buffs out most of the scratches. As for accuracy, I am far from a sharp shooter, but it killed everything i pointed it at this fall no problem. Distances varied between 80 to just under 300 yards. Not sure what you'd be looking for in a coyote gun, but for a mountain rifle you can't go wrong. I topped it with a Leupold VX-3 purchased from Schmalts. Good Luck in your search

I have an 84M Classic Select in .257 Roberts that’s a sweetie.

Thinking I may need to buy another in 7-08 and sell the rest of my big game rifles.

I picked up a Kimber Montana in .300 WSM used off someone from this site and it has exceeded my expectations. I've owned it 2 seasons now and it has been fired at 5 deer and all were recovered and in the freezer. Prints sub MOA with 2 different brands of factory ammo. Weighs about 2 pounds less than my Browning A-bolt SS in 7mm Mag and shoots a much tighter group. I can't tell the difference in the recoil vs. the 7mm Mag although it is lighter so it should have more felt recoil.

I sold you that rifle! glad it is working out for you, I'd never shot it so I am glad I didn't sell you a lemon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back