PEAX Equipment

My first lion ever!

Coelk101

A57D8F5A-2AB5-4337-8D50-C014280676B8.jpgshot with 180 grain 40 m&p . 50 Yard shot found under offside hide. This cat was 6'4"tip to tip and was a lot heavier than we thought 140 pounds pic do not do it justice.

Attachments

• D8E3BFF1-3C73-40B2-9F0C-A6AF68BD6559.jpg
    D8E3BFF1-3C73-40B2-9F0C-A6AF68BD6559.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 825
Last edited:
Question: So does "tip to tip" mean from the nose to the end of the tail??? Is that the usual measurement for cats? Thanks in advance.

good luck to all
the dog

Very cool! I've seen a few while hunting but have never had the opportunity to take one. Two questions, what specific bullet did you use and what are you going to do with the cat? Rug or mount?

Question: So does "tip to tip" mean from the nose to the end of the tail??? Is that the usual measurement for cats? Thanks in advance.

good luck to all
the dog

Yes to both.

I would love to hunt with hounds someday! A lot of people around here quit chasing cats when the economy tanked. The eastern part of the state still gets hard though.

Very cool! I've seen a few while hunting but have never had the opportunity to take one. Two questions, what specific bullet did you use and what are you going to do with the cat? Rug or mount?

We are going to do a rug,and the ammo was Winchester 180 grain JHP. 408 foot pounds at muzzle. this cat had expired before it hit the ground.

Way to take out a fawn killer!! Congrats on an awesome cat!

This was a contributing factor for me going this year. we cut more lion tracks then deer tracks this year. we expressed our opinion to CPW when we checked the cat in. unit 62 hear in Co has a cat& bear problem i have twice as many deer in my yard then previous years they have them run in too the valley floor. CPW needs to raise quotas on LIONS & open bear hunting in spring let hounds hunt bear. in my opinion.

Congrats on a fine cat. Are you gonna eat him? We smoked the whole rear quarters on mine, made sausage outta the front quarters, and the tenderloin was just like pork! Very good.

Congrats on a fine cat. Are you gonna eat him? We smoked the whole rear quarters on mine, made sausage outta the front quarters, and the tenderloin was just like pork! Very good.

Yes we are going to eat him in Colorado you have to eat them by law. i tried my brothers two years ago and was surprised at how well it tasted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back