Caribou Gear Tarp

Unit 25, what am I missing?

cmoore83

Hey guys, I’m trying to plan a trip to Wyoming with my wife next fall and am looking at unit 25, from what I can tell by one of the draw odds websites it looks like there is sufficient blm ground available to hunt, one in particular that spans the entire northern part of the unit, but from what I have read on past threads is that this unit has next to no access, even though from what I can see there aught to be atleast two points of access on that one piece... so what am I missing? Thanks!

A few of the WY dudes will know more specifics but I've looked at that unit as well. Even though there is a ton of BLM, a pile of it isn't legally accessible. County roads are damn slim in that unit and so even though there is a lot of public, you can't access it.

That's not to say there isn't land to hunt. There just isn't nearly as much as it looks like there should be.

This is funny. Fin did a video about how to access this exact unit a while back. Pissed quite a few guys off, but I guess he had to pick one.

Ok, you’ve peeked my interest... where is this video? Is it still available to see?

There's a lot of public, but you can't reach most of it, unless you want to walk 7 or 8 miles, each way (there are a bunch of roads that you'll see on maps, that are not open to public use). That said, anyone who can't find place to hunt in that unit is not doing their homework and those who are willing to walk a couple of miles will find even more.

Riding a bicycle solves a lot of problems in some of these areas.

Lots of roads you can't drive on, but plenty that a bike would work for.

The vast majority is inaccessible, county road stops just shy of the BLM. I hunted it a few years ago. You can access it with a good gps & about 5-6 miles of hiking.

So, if a county road stops short of the blm, can a guy still walk down the road to get to the blm.

I'd recommend the Wyoming state lands interactive access map, its trust land specific but very helpful. On the trust lands website.

my wife and I hunted unit 25 last year, with doe tags. It's doable with on-X. We filled our tags in that northern portion of the unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammerg
Back