MT FWP Tentative Season setting meetings

Thanks for putting this together. You should have titled it "6.5 Creedmoor banned in Montana"

Interesting goat change.

MOUNTAIN GOAT
Regions 1, 2, and 4: In all hunting districts in Regions 1, 2 and 4 it is illegal to take a female
mountain
goat accompanying a kid or a female mountain goat in a group that contains one or
more kids.

This will be nearly impossible to enforce, especially the later half. The first part would be similar to bears with cubs (which is basically an honor system), but the second part, a kid in the group? Why not just make females illegal to take, period, or by permit only.

Thanks for putting this together. You should have titled it "6.5 Creedmoor banned in Montana"

This will be nearly impossible to enforce, especially the later half. The first part would be similar to bears with cubs (which is basically an honor system), but the second part, a kid in the group? Why not just make females illegal to take, period, or by permit only.

Exactly what I was thinking. For trying to simplify regs they sure made it complicated and unenforceable.

I'm not finding the meeting schedule(s) for Region 2. Anybody see this?

I'd like to plan my work travel schedule for January, if possible.

Agreed, on both aspects.

Region 2
Anaconda – Tuesday, January 2, Metcalf Center, 6:30 PM
Lincoln – Wednesday, January 3, Lambkins Café, 6:30 PM Missoula – Thursday, January 4, Doubletree
Inn, 6:30 PM
Deer Lodge – Monday, January 8, Community Center, 6:30 PM
Darby – Tuesday, January 9, Community Clubhouse, 6:30 PM Seeley Lake – Wednesday, January 10,
Community Hall, 6:30 PM Lubrecht – Thursday, January 11, Conference Center, 6:30 PM Helmville –
Monday, January 15, Community Center, 6:30 PM Hamilton – Tuesday, January 16, Bitterroot River Inn,
6:30 PM
Philipsburg – Wednesday, January 17, Granite County Museum, 6:30 PM Superior – Thursday, January
18, High School Multi-purpose Room, 6:30 PM Drummond – Monday, January 22, Community Center, 7:30
Region 3

It's useless beyond a comedy of frustration to attend "public comment" sessions.

I'm willing to bet the 261 odds get worse, at least the first few years. I don't think most people applying for that tag realize that the big bucks are killed in a different numbered unit, and will just select 261 like they have for years. I'm just glad they're looking at only doing 15 tags, when they first proposed the split tags the quotas were much higher.

The 900 pronghorn change should help the increasingly poor rifle tag odds.

Your welcome! :hump:

Okay, I feel stupid, but I can't find the meeting schedules for various regions. Can someone help me out? Specifically region 1.

I couldn't find Region 2 either, so maybe we are both stupid. tjones is smart though and was able to find it for me.

I'll actually be in town that week, so it's now on my schedule. Waste of time or not.

My favorite was a number of years ago when everyone was all hot to trot on wolves. (including myself) F and G comes in and gives their story (less tags/ opportunity in mineral county), after they were done he stands up and says alright we know we have a wolf problem and there is no answer! Now what do you guys want to talk about.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back