MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

MT FWP Tentative Season setting meetings

I didn't hear one comment regarding wolves in Hamilton but I had to leave before the meeting was over. Interesting. Lively mule deer discussion though. mtmuley

What were some of the comments on mule deer in Hamilton?

Superior's meeting was interesting. FWP's proposal: Apparently we are swimming in elk.
1. 150 cow tags
2. unlimited landowner B tags (meaning 2 elk)
3. 12-15 year olds can shoot a cow on a bull tag in rifle.
4. Archers can shoot a cow on their bull tag.

Lots of negative comments from the crowd there (approximately 30-40 people) Will be interesting to see what they end up doing.

ok thanks, guess what im really looking forward to seeing is the drawing stats from 2017 , and the changes that are made .

ok thanks, guess what im really looking forward to seeing is the drawing stats from 2017 , and the changes that are made .

I've been checking for the draw stats on the FWP website every day. It's weird that they wait until right before the apps are available to release them. Not that I put a lot of weight into their "harvest statistics" but I'm always curious to see the drawing stats.

I've been checking for the draw stats on the FWP website every day. It's weird that they wait until right before the apps are available to release them. Not that I put a lot of weight into their "harvest statistics" but I'm always curious to see the drawing stats.

Yeh it's absolutely ridiculous that draw statistics are not out yet .... harvest stats mean nothing to me

All changes are available to be seen in commission packet it says but where is that ?

It's easy to fall in to the impression that these meetings and comment periods are nothing more than a formality, but the agency did a good job of showing us this winter that that's not the case.

Job well done to those that took the time to go to these meetings and submit comments. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

TJones started this thread with the phrase "show up and be heard"
Randy11's reply, 321 posts later - "....Job well done to those that took the time to go to these meetings and submit comments. ....."
Testimony to the FACT that sportsmen/women showing up and involving themselves in setting the direction of management of their resource(s) CAN have an impact.
Good info Randy11. Thanks and keep being a squeaky wheel.

I'll also add though that the few changes made through these comments are a splash in a sea of what needs to change.

If we expect real, substantial change it's going to take a lot more than the pitiful turnout at the meeting I went to. If they're going to show us they're willing to listen, we should have a lot more to say.

Last edited:
"If we expect real, substantial change it's going to take a lot more than the pitiful turnout at the meeting I went to. If they're going to show us they're willing to listen, we should have a lot more to say".

Another tidbit I believe to be worthy of required-reading-for-continued-use-of-forum status:D.

Good work by the Libby guys. MD bucks in a portion of 103 will be LE.

No 4 day youth. Public comment on at least these two proposals worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back