Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

BC government ends grizzly bear hunting

A sad day for grizzly bears who will see zero benefit from this...........

A total opposition to the North American model of wildlife management..............

After it was supposed to be an amendment to the seasons already in place, they blindside with this. Perhaps an appeasement to opponents of the Site C project in BC? Which will ruin large amounts of prime wildlife habitat and is a debacle on its own........

It would be interesting to see what the demographic of that 78% that agree is. If all is equal then sure ban them, but I cannot help but wonder if the majority of that 78% is from First Nation. Which makes it interesting as the ban doesn’t really effect thier permission to still hunt them. Either way, it just gives me more of a reason to go to Alaska.

I bet they will get grizzly hunting back, but this still is a step in the wrong direction. Crazy to think that the US is going the opposite direction and is setting up its first season in Wyoming within a year (hopefully). And thank God we purchased Alaska.

I suppose the ole US of A really ain't so bad now that you mention it...

Crazy to think that the US is going the opposite direction and is setting up its first season in Wyoming within a year (hopefully). A..

MT and ID will also be part of the allotment.

This isn't really a surprise when you allow the ballotbox to drive decisions. If this is given any time to play out, I think the resulting loss of revenue for localities and for management of the species will be the foil to the success of the the rest of the North American Model.

MT and ID will also be part of the allotment.

This isn't really a surprise when you allow the ballotbox to drive decisions. If this is given any time to play out, I think the resulting loss of revenue for localities and for management of the species will be the foil to the success of the the rest of the North American Model.

Grizzlies got delisted in the GYE, but I didn't think that ID and MT were looking at a hunting season too...are they? I didn't think they were because the bulk of the grizzlies in the GYE are in Wyoming so ID and MT would not have enough numbers to support hunting. If I am wrong please fill me in.

And yes, it is surprising that BC is ending grizzly hunting relative to the US. Considering the ballot box biology that happens in WA, OR, NJ, CA, CO, and is threatened in MT, AZ, and other states, it is actually surprising that there are states in the US that are aiming to have numbers of animals so high that we may be able to hunt them after not being able to for so long. Surprising, yes, but awesome to think the "system" can actually work sometimes.

This actually happened earlier in the year, but the last day to hunt grizzlies was November 30th. Th greenies won this one, Not science BC only allows 250 bears to be taken a year and science estimTes that there's 15,000 grizzlies in BC. The guide I used in northern BC his allotment of tags for I believe a two year period was 4 or 5. I saw at least one grizzly in 12 days of hunting, I also only saw three moose cows with calves in that time frame.

Last edited:
IDFG Commission is creating the management plan to have a grizzly season. The current Idaho grizzly population exceeds the recovery amount for ESA.

Its easy to set up the survey to skew results to your desires when you conduct them downtown at the starbucks in vancouver...........

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back