Interesting Find

Tewa06

I shot my first bull this season after about 20 years of hunting. When we skinned his head we found a piece of a broken antler stuck inside his head behind his eye. Has anyone ever found a piece of broken antler in an elk's head? Just curious.

Attachments

• IMG_elk.jpg
    IMG_elk.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,277
Found broadheads, bullets and birdshot, but never antler. Got a pic of it? mtmuley

I have the tip of the antler and will take a pick and upload it later tonight when I get home from work.

I know a pair of bowhunters, both named Eric, who shot a pair of 6-pt bulls in the same Montana drainage several years ago. They found a chunk of brow tine embedded in the neck of bull no. 1. The broken piece perfectly fit the broken antler of bull no. 2.

Not a piece of antler but I know a guy that killed this bull that had a lion canine tooth stuck in his head.

Picture 063.jpg

A year later and about 2 miles away I shoot this lion missing a canine

P1070172.jpg

I'm often amazed at the resilience of wild animals...except pelicans.

Here's a pic of a bull taken in SD in 2011. It had a tine from another bull lodged in its skull behind its left eye. The bull was acting perfectly normal before shot.

It's a bit graphic.

00small19291205.jpg

That hurts just looking at the picture.
Very interesting stuff.
I once found a nice mule deer shed with a bullet lodged in the G4.

That's awesome... my buck from this year was missing a eye from fighting, havnt skinned him yet but I am curious to look after seeing this.

It is amazing how tough these animals are! Humans stub a toe and go will go down for the count.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back