kudos to wyoming

I would welcome this legislation in every state, or even federal law prohibiting it.

It feels similar to drones. Rinella talks plenty about the management of efficacy, rather than technology itself - I think this prehunt thing is a prime example of that and I personally am not comfortable with it. Not to mention how it could be debated from a simple fair chase standpoint. I also personally feel that it seems to go against the spirit of the law when it comes to market hunting.

But then again the other prehunt thread people brought up the comparability to outfitting, which makes sense, but this feels different to me.

Last edited:
There are several discussions on another Forum about this, as it's "Founder" actually sells mule deer locations, with photos and maps, in his classified section. It has gotten rather heated at times, but he apparently isn't throwing anyone off the site over it.

Amazingly, he has several siding with him, but many more against and those that are neutral. This is a budget session in Wyoming, so this bill will have a tougher time passing. I think we will see this law passed eventually in Wyo.

Same as guiding pretty much. Outfitters do it all the time.

Last edited:
But it's OK when THEY do it.

sadly yes. and they dont pay a dime to the state by capitalizing off our big game. theres some good about having wyoga. and a lot of bad. they are only friends to high paying customers, not to diy non residents, and certainly NOT the residents.

sadly yes. and they dont pay a dime to the state by capitalizing off our big game. theres some good about having wyoga. and a lot of bad. they are only friends to high paying customers, not to diy non residents, and certainly NOT the residents.

Not seeing the upside to WOGA regarding conservation, funding, or to the average hunter??? They aren't a sportsmen's or conservation group at all, just an industry lobby association looking to enhance their bottom line at the expense of our wildlife resources and average sportsmen.

WOGA has never taken a position on PLT and have never lobbied against it either. They remained neutral on the aircraft regulations that we passed (and yes they were formally asked to take a position).

Unless its a way to get more tags for their NR clients, favor one group of hunters over another, try to get transferable LO tags, pass things like the wilderness guide law and the like, they don't support it.

They are routinely on the wrong side of sportsmen's issues...

Good for WY. The wheels have been greased on this issue here in AK. Similar changes are forthcoming.

The best part about this type of legislation is the slippery slope it will put the governors tag pimps on. :D

Not seeing the upside to WOGA regarding conservation, funding, or to the average hunter??? They aren't a sportsmen's or conservation group at all, just an industry lobby association looking to enhance their bottom line at the expense of our wildlife resources and average sportsmen.

WOGA has never taken a position on PLT and have never lobbied against it either. They remained neutral on the aircraft regulations that we passed (and yes they were formally asked to take a position).

Unless its a way to get more tags for their NR clients, favor one group of hunters over another, try to get transferable LO tags, pass things like the wilderness guide law and the like, they don't support it.

They are routinely on the wrong side of sportsmen's issues...
I guess the only “good” I was thinking is that 2000 people can’t advertise that they are guides or outfitters and screw a lot of NR on unsuccessful hunts. ( due to maybe not knowing what they are doing etc) but then again that’s not my problem. I don’t like one thing about woga.

I guess the only “good” I was thinking is that 2000 people can’t advertise that they are guides or outfitters and screw a lot of NR on unsuccessful hunts. ( due to maybe not knowing what they are doing etc) but then again that’s not my problem. I don’t like one thing about woga.

Being part of WOGA is not mandatory to outfit in Wyoming...and not every outfitter is a member.

I read parts of the "conversation" on the MonsterMuleys website. I'm glad Wyoming made this decision and hopefully other states will too. These individuals need to get real jobs to support their hobbies. It's a shame that people are so desperate to make a name for themselves by selling GPS points and scouting services, and even worse is the desperate idiot who would pay good money for a location of a buck that was seen a month or two prior. Living up to the name of hunting "fool".

Back