Flirting with a rifle purchase....

onpoint

I have an itch that is getting close to being scratched.
Always have lusted after a Winchester 1885. Missed buying one many years ago in .25-06, has always bugged me.
I got the .25-06 in a LH Ruger Hawkeye a few years ago. I like the rifle alright, it has taken a few antelope bucks, but it didn't quite..........
Along comes Winchester this current cycle with an 1885 in 6.5 Creedmor. The jokes can begin - don't care - the rifle to me is more important than the caliber. I can take an antelope with a .22-250 or a .338, caliber really doesn't matter much to me.
But that sweet action, the octagon barrel, the 28" barrel..........
Pricey, but I may sell my .25-06 to help the cost. If I do I'll let it go with some misgivings - but it hasn't put it's mark on me indelibly yet.
How can ya' not like this thing......chasin' lopes on the prairie with a single shot:cool:
Winchester 1885 High Wall Hunter High Grade 65 Creedmoor - 534246289.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking gun. Nice curves. I like to make fun of the 6.5 creed as much as the next guy, but let's face it, it's a really useful round, even if it's really just a .260 with a man-bun.

How could a 6.5 Creed falling block not deserve Schnabel adornment? Sexy for a heavy gal.

I believe that's it, currently. There is a .270 on the shelf locally, but I already have .270 that I will never be able get what it's worth to me.

Seeing a highwall in something other other than 45-70 is strange to me. It's a beautiful rifle in a good caliber. BUY IT!!!

I like heavy gals, when it come to rifles. My "trim, lightweight, quick handling mountain rig" weighs about 9 lbs unloaded. Never been one to fall for most advertising.......

Quit flirting with that purchase, and ask her out. Feed her well and often.

Does it come with skinny jeans and conditioner for the salon beard and man bun?

If you’re putting up pictures, it’s already a done deal.

I have a Browning in 30-06. You won't regret it.
Definitely falls into the buy once, cry once category, although I only cried tears of joy when I picked mine up

She’s beautiful. Octagonal barrels are the rifle world’s version of the dark handsome stranger.

I've always thought those were better looking than Ruger's single shot. I'd not fret the chambering as much as I would the wood and configuration. I'd look for one with the furniture I liked regardless of the chambering. That said, one of those in a Creedmoor is a pretty darn good marriage of old and new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back