Anyone tried the Meopta S2 82 mm Spotter?

Lawnboy

I have read a bunch about these and was looking for some real life experience from Hunttalkers. Sounds like they will easily compete with the Swaro ATS 80 but curious to your findings.

Not to derail, but check out the Kowa stuff. One of these days.... mtmuley

I've looked at those as well. I'm down to Meopta, Zeiss Diascope 85 or shelling out for a Swaro. Nothing against the Kowa because the reviews are there I'm just a little nervous about their warranty as opposed to the ones mentioned. This is a buy once cry once situation :)

I have the Cabela's branded version and really enjoy it. It has the constant view size when zooming that I couldn't get in cheaper scopes and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than the swaros. The image quality is superb. I have nothing to complain about and now run meoptas in 8x32 and the 15x binos, too

It’s an amazing scope. I’ve had mine for a year and love it. A friend told me he couldn’t find a difference between that and his Swarovski.

I recently spent some time behind an S2 and out of the ones you listed it was the better scope to my eyes. FWIW I have a Kowa and it gave up no ground to the S2 and they have a lifetime warranty for original buyer.

I also have the cabelas branded one. Did a lot of research on them, and also took them outside and compared to the swaro right until dark. The swaro had maybe 1 more minute at dark than mine. Finally cabelas ran a very good sale on them and I finally pulled the trigger. I've yet to be disappointed in any way, it has been a serious game changer for my glassing. I run the Meopta 10x42 binos too, good glass in my opinion

I used to have one.

Just get the Swarovski 80hd and make sure you get the 25-50 wide angle eyepiece and not the 20-60.

Seriously, just get the swaro and be done. Been there done that. Don’t look back.

I used to have one.

Just get the Swarovski 80hd and make sure you get the 25-50 wide angle eyepiece and not the 20-60.

Seriously, just get the swaro and be done. Been there done that. Don’t look back.

Really Stu? You’re actually the first I’ve seen who’s had both that picked the Swaro over the MeoptA and then to top it off you select the wide angle over the 20-60. Interesting analysis. Thanks for muddying the waters 😂

Zeiss all the way!
Whatever you decide, spending that kind of $$, don't limit yourself to 50x. You've already got a great 40x scope.
I already told you my solution though. It's supposed to snow again this week and you'll have that kind of coin under your seat cushion after the storm. :)

Zeiss all the way!
Whatever you decide, spending that kind of $$, don't limit yourself to 50x. You've already got a great 40x scope.
I already told you my solution though. It's supposed to snow again this week and you'll have that kind of coin under your seat cushion after the storm. :)

Hey Drake I know you’ve got a Ziess tramp stamp and you love them 😂. I’m the worst at making decisions 😩

the cabelas version i have is a 20-70x eye piece. awesome. got to cabelas and look through both of them side by side outside and report back to tell us what you think. if you can.

I had the S2 and at low light the 65mm hd Swarovski was better head to head.

Like I said. Swaro hd with the wide angle eyepiece. Soooo sweeeet.

Really Stu? You’re actually the first I’ve seen who’s had both that picked the Swaro over the MeoptA and then to top it off you select the wide angle over the 20-60. Interesting analysis. Thanks for muddying the waters 😂

A 65 mm being brighter than an 82 mm??? Maybe with the 65 zoomed all the way out and the 82 zoomed all the way in.

I didn’t say brighter I said better. In 2014 I had just bought the S2 and thought I had the world by the tail. My friend had the swaro 65hd with the wide eyepiece and we both had them on tripods watching some deer at a distance. I could break down the deer better with his than mine.

At that point I had to be honest with myself and take the “L”. Swaro wins.

Say what you want. I’m just saying how it is.

A 65 mm being brighter than an 82 mm??? Maybe with the 65 zoomed all the way out and the 82 zoomed all the way in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back