Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Somebody give this bird a compass

huronmtns

I drove up to camp today to check things out since I haven't been up there in two weeks. I put a trail camera out watching over our deer carcass in hopes of catching some predators on film. I was extremely surprised to see this on the camera pictures. Keep in mind the location of this camera is about two miles from the southern shore of Lake Superior. This bird is not supposed to be anywhere near here geographically speaking. A rare sight in deed.

Crested Caracara.jpg

A Crested Caracara.

I went to college with our local biologist. Including having an ecology class of coastal Texas that was primarily a birding trip together. I will stop in to see him Tuesday to see what he has to say.

Wow that is cool, have never heard or seen a picture of one of those before. Thanks for sharing. Would be curious what the biologist says.

If you check out ebird.com you'll see some infrequent sightings around Lake Superior. I would go ahead and submit that too. Lots of agencies will use this citizen-scientist gathered data.

Very neat pic!! I need to make it up to the NW part of the state and try to see the ever expanding population of monk's parakeets...

Global warming / Climate Change. It's the "warmer" snow. You should contact or send to the Bird Watcher's in the area. They will make note of it.

Awesome thanks for sharing! Couple months ago we started seeing a few around my house in southwest Louisiana. Not impossible, but very rare even for this area. Beautiful birds.

Looks like one was seen last fall (October/November) in Munising. And this February in Escanaba.

Here's the sighting map from ebird.

CRCA.JPG

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back