CO unit 80

Jlgibbon1

I have spent my last two elk hunts in western WY. While waiting to build our points back up, myself and a buddy are looking to hunt/apply first rifle season in unit 80. We hunted the Grayback and Bonito Mtn a couple times in the past. Wondering if anyone can tell me the hunting pressure in the unit? More specifically Marble, Sheep, Silver MTN and Bennett Peak areas. Understandably, things change year to year, but any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and have a blessed Christmas!!

I live in Unit 80, in the mountain foothills. I am intimately acquainted with Silver Mt. Bennett Peak, and the drainages around there, as I live pretty close to them. Not sure which Sheep Mt. you're referring to, as there is more than one mountain by that name. In that you mentioned Marble, perhaps you were talking about the Sheep Mt. just South of Bennett on the other side of Blowout Pass. I know quite a bit about a lot of the areas in 80, but I don't venture over to the Grayback area much. I ride those areas all Summer long, and spent night before the 2nd rifle season in a snow blown tent on the East side of Bennett, camped with a horse & mule at 11, 900ft. Some of those areas, I know about every rock & tree on, although that probably sounds a bit pompous...? If you have some specific questions, get in touch

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back