Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forest Service Making Money!

BigHornRam

And that is why the government should own the land but private industry should be in charge of extracting the resources...so that money is actually made.

I noticed in my travels this past hunting season that the area I was in Northeast of Corvallis has been surveyed and flagged. Thought I read somewhere the project goes from Butterly to Ambrose. mtmuley

Beetle kill is great stuff for building.

IMG_4324.JPG

May as well use it for something vs. letting it sit and become a fire hazard.

Attachments

• IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 239
I remember when blue pine was cheap. Almost couldn't give it away. Now we get top dollar using it in high end homes. It is pretty stuff when done right. mtmuley

Thanks guys. It was the cheapest of the Tongue and Groove materials I found at Triple S in Butte. The peeled logs were standing or fallen better kill on the ranch. I wish the log siding came in Blue Stain though.
Beetle kill or not, I think the logging of these USFS lands will be a benefit. And I'm a huge fan of fire mitigation and fuels reduction through logging and burning.

Nice cabinets BHR!

Standing dead douglas fir with Lifetime wood treatment makes nice siding, paneling, and cabinets as well. Lots of fir dying from root rot, drought stress, and spruce bud worm right now.

1216171545_Burst01.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back