Caribou Gear

Caught a bucket full of paper mouth perch (crappie).

tarheel

Had a blast this afternoon catching these. Only stopped because my old hands got so cold and stiff I couldn't hold the minnows to get them on the hook.

Don't know why the program rotated the pic, it wouldn't allow me to straighten it. If anyone knows how to straighten it out I'd appreciate the help.

Attachments

• IMG_2494.JPG
    IMG_2494.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
That's a pile, can be a lot of fun on a ultralight on a day the bite is hot!

Sure miss catching those tar heel slabs. Used to do really well at Harris in the winter. Were they out of the pond in the pic?

It's been way too long since I've enjoyed a good meal of those tasty guys. Congrats!
IMG_2494.JPG
The photo was already in the correct orientation. Did you load it from your phone?

It's been way too long since I've enjoyed a good meal of those tasty guys. Congrats!

The photo was already in the correct orientation. Did you load it from your phone?

I did. I'm relatively new to smartphones and after a lifetime of working on and dealing with highly technical electronic gadgetry I shut my mind to learning anything new. I'll leave that for the younger guys. Thanks for straightening it out.

Sure miss catching those tar heel slabs. Used to do really well at Harris in the winter. Were they out of the pond in the pic?

Not a pond but the mouth of a cove in the upper end of Lake Wylie where the South fork of the Catawba meets the lake. I stood on a short pier at my friend's place which is just out of the picture and cast out about 35 yards so I had plenty of play time. Had hoped to go back today for more or try the stripers which have been active recently but it was just too cold on these old bones.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back