Early Morning

land7601

Heading out pheasant hunting in the next couple of days. Just curious what time you like to be out in the field in the morning? Is it like big game hunting in the sense that you like to be in your spot by sunrise or is that not as important when it comes to pheasants?

Might be a novice question, but I would love to hear your input.

Thanks!

Alex

I hunt dawn to limits, or dawn to dusk if necessary. If your in CO I would get out early to try and beat the company.

Get out there early and don't stop. Get yourself a game plan together, CRP or other places with cover in the AM. Find some good hedge/fence rows or some good grain fields mid-day and back to the nasty cover in the evening. Milo, corn and wheat stubble are usually high producers in the mid-day hunts for me. Good luck!

Perfect, thanks guys! I think I am going to head out tomorrow and see what I can find. I appreciate all of the insight!

This year I have left early and also later. They will be more visible in th mornings and evenings. Mid day they are in the cover. Just get out and walk spots that you think others won't because to much work. I find a lot of my birds long walk from the truck. Good luck and post pics.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back