PEAX Equipment

Unusual Trophy !

Trigger50

I've always wanted to shoot a woodland black squirrel. In my area of the world we only see them occasionally in town. Well it finally happened today. I'm gonna tan the pelt. Quite the unusual trophy.

Attachments

• 20171215_112548.jpg
    20171215_112548.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 726
Few can appreciate a true trophy squirrel. That is a beauty. I'd consider mounting it up, personally.

Nice squirrel! Melanistic phase of fox squirrel or grey? I've seen a couple black fox squirrels and shot one when I was a teenager, but have yet to see a melanistic grey.

Beautiful squirrel. I still enjoy squirrel hunting and eating fox squirrels. I seen one black squirrel when I was a kid in northeastern Oklahoma, it was the only one.

Nice squirrel! We have quite a few black grey squirrels hee in central mn at my folks place. Probably a 1/3 of squirrels we see there are black in color.

They are a black color phase (not melanism) of the grey squirrel. We have lots of them around here. I saw one this year with a big white spot on the tail. At first I was like "what the hell is a skunk doing in a tree", then I looked through the bino and it was a squirrel.

It's my understanding that W. K. Kellogg brought some black squirrels to Battle Creek from somewhere overseas many decades ago and we have more of them at least in the LP than fox squirrels now!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zjzeuske
Back