Cold Bay Alaska

Wow, what an adventure! Incredible scenery and photos, are you mounting any of those?

Outstanding, I'd love to see pics when you are done. That harlequin has amazing plumage.

Wow, way cool video and adventure! Did you use the kayak just for retrieving birds, or was it also your main means of getting around? If the latter, how far did you have to paddle? Is that an Emperors goose at 2:20, and flock at the end of video? What is the object at ~3:40?

And your A5 certainly looks "vintage", neat that you are still using it.

Last edited:
Wow, way cool video and adventure! Did you use the kayak just for retrieving birds, or was it also your main means of getting around? If the latter, how far did you have to paddle? Is that an Emperors goose at 2:20, and flock at the end of video? What is the object at ~3:40?

And your A5 certainly looks "vintage", neat that you are still using it.

Yes, the kayak was a means of travel to get to the birds and not just to retrieve. Izembek is a huge lagoon and we paddled about an hour to get to a good spot for brant. Sea Ducks on Cold Bay were easier as they were usually just within a couple hundred yards from shore.
Yes, at 2:20 a lone Emperor flew into our spread. Emperors would be a slam dunk with a permit in hand. Also Emperors at the end of the video. Shot lots of video of them but my camcorder took a salt bath on day 1 so I was limited to cell phone and GoPro footage, not the best.
The object at 3:40 is a Japanese glass fishing float.
Been shooting the A5 since I was a teenager in the late 70s.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I hope that I can have a shotgun that accumulates as much character as yours has. So cool.

That harlequin is gorgeous! Glad your planning all worked out, minus the camcorder.

I also enjoyed the music in the videos, I haven’t listened to Third Day in a while.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back