PEAX Equipment

25-06 Loads

Coop

Does anyone have a fur friendly load for coyotes out of the 25-06? I have tried some different factory loads such as 100gr. Core Loct and 120 gr. Federal Fusions, along with loading my own 115 gr. Berger VLD; all of which left a softball sized hole in the pelt, just like they are meant to do. I am shooting a Tikka T3, and would love to be able to carry a separate load for coyotes with me while hunting other game.

Try the Barnes website. They publish loads there for all weights of bullets and they are fantastic and list max and min charges. I shoot their 115gr TSX with 52gr and love it in my 25.06, is great for coyotes and doesn't leave a huge hole.

I had a buddy of mine load 115 grain Nosler Ballistic tips for me for my 25-06 that I use on antelope and they are amazing. I've shot a couple of coyotes with good results. They don't do a lot of damage to meat and hide. See about getting some Hornady V Max bullets to load. We load 53 grain V Max in our AR's and they are awesome on coyotes, in deadly performance and not blowing out the other side of the pelt. They go in about 4 inches and explode, so I have yet to have a pass through.

Last edited:
I'm using the 90gr. Sierra Blitzking out of my 257 Roberts with good results.

Accurate out to 500 yards.

Back