Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Ut, id, wa?

FreeAir84

So I'm working my way through the YouTube Channel and haven't seen a hunt in these three states. Based on PodCast conversations ID has had some tough winters of late and there may be some beef with Utah politics?? Is there more to it?

We've hunted UT twice. Tried to hunt it a third time, but the agency could not get us a film permit due to everyone being on fire duty. You can see the UT elk hunt on YouTube. We will be releasing and archery deer hunt on Amazon in the next month or so.

Washington is not high on the list of places, due to more crowding and lower opportunity than most the other western states. We try to show places where we think is a good value and opportunity for the traveling hunter. Washington is one of the lowest when ranked that way.

We continue to try draw tags in ID, but seldom works. ID has the last of all the elk/deer/antelope draws. When that draw date rolls around, we usually have all the tags we need, so our apps in ID are "swing for the fences" type hunts with terrible draw odds. That means we will seldom draw in ID. Yes, ID has OTC general tags, but it is hard to turn back a limited entry tag in some other state that required points (and money) to replace it with an ID general tag. Not sure if I will do moose again in ID. Those are my better odds than most deer/elk apps I submit in ID, but you wouldn't know it by my draw results.

Nothing personal against those states, just how it unfolds as the draws and calendar progress.

Thanks for the rundown, just a question that I had for a while. I really appreciate what you're doing for our hunting community, thanks for being our advocate!

If nothing else...filming a hunt in many parts of Washington could show how hunting is when access and public lands are very limited.

If nothing else...filming a hunt in many parts of Washington could show how hunting is when access and public lands are very limited.

True, but unless you draw a bull permit you're hunting spikes and cows in most of eastern Washington. I've lived in WA 32 years and I hunt Montana now. Elk in WA are primarily in areas easily accessed by vehicle and absent in many of our best country (north Cascades).

-Mike

could do otc rosie in wa but seems like good part west side timber company

could do otc rosie in wa but seems like good part west side timber company

That's me in Nov. Paid for the timber access (that hurt.) Don't plan on doing it much more than once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back