Twin Falls Idaho Question

JeremyA

The Army has decided to transfer me to Twin Falls, ID. Being a research fanatic, I would like to start researching elk hunting for the area for next season. My question is what would be the best place to start looking for around the area or should I just push more toward central Idaho? Not looking to get in anyone’s area just insight on where to start. I am mainly a solo pack hunter and been hunting Southern Colorado the last few years. Thanks everyone.

There is a lot of area within a reasonable drive of town falls. Archery, rifle? The way idaho works is you choose a zone for elk, then either an a tag (usually longer seasons, more primitive weapons) or a b tag, usually rifle for bull only, sometimes with other restrictions. Get a look at the regs online (next year's is the same as this year) and start looking. Thanks for your service, and welcome to idaho.

I don't know how Idaho tags are to draw, but the areas just north of the Nevada areas 72, 74, and 81 would be pretty swell. And as the previous poster said thank you for your service!

choc dogs, thanks for the input. I want to hunt with both. I love being out in mountains. Want to hunt as much as possible. I have been looking through the regs. Thanks for clearing up the a the A and B tag for me. Was I little confused on that. It has been a big dream to hunt Idaho. Originally a Western Pennsylvania guy. Whitetails, Turkey, and small game. Moved to South Dakota in 2011 and Colorado in 2015. Hooked on the western states. Thank again for the info.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back