Tikka T3 Lite SS with a B & C upgrade?

B&C customer service said T3X will NOT drop into their T3 sporter stocks.

An update. Additional e-mails with B&C customer support suggested they do work with "some gunsmithing". So I decided to take a flyer on the sporter model and see if I could "dremel" my way to a proper inlet fit. Turns out it wasn't necessary at all. To the best I could figure out after receiving, the only reason these aren't drop-in fits is the lack of a small hole in the stock that accommodates a small plastic "post" at the near end of the "bottom metal" plastic trigger guard for the T3X (see attached picture).

There are two really simple solutions neither of which required any actual modifications to the stock. The first was plug-n-play as I already had switched the plastic "bottom metal" for an actual metal piece from Mountain Tactical (https://tikkaperformance.com/index.php?_route_=tikka-bottom-metal/tikka-t3-bottom-metal) - this upgraded piece does not have the interfering "post" in the first place so if fits perfectly as is. But it was equally effective to clip & sand off the small plastic "post" on the factory plastic "bottom metal". Either way resulted in a perfect fit without making any modifications to the B&C sporter stock. Of course, you milage may vary.

tikka.jpg

They are a little thick in the wrist and forearm for my taste and fitting. If I couldnt find something slimmer I would keep the factory stock. B&C is a great stock and I have a few. But I really love my McMillan Edge stocks. But price is the reason I dont have them on everything I own.

I've owned a few tikkas, most accurate rifles I have ever owned. Could never quite get past the overall look, just something I couldn't get used to, but as far as function they are the top in my book( no offence to howa, never owned one). So I can see why you are looking to restock it, but as far as tightening groups or even ease of carry I don't think you will see any improvements. I just purchased a Bergara B14 woodsman that I think is the best of both worlds, lightish to carry and pretty accurate and I personally like the stock design better. Do I expect it to function any better or even as good as my tikka, probably not.

Check out Redhawk Rifles and Midway for sales, I have found them for ~$200. I have a B&C on my Tikka and IMO it was a great upgrade.

I have posted this before, but here is a pic of mine.
Tikka T3 (BC Stock)(U).jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back