Colorado Application Changes

If it's obvious then why did you ask.....you (I am one as well) tag holders will be fine, relax and go hunting.

Sarcasm. I'll continue to hunt OTC/easy to draw units and enjoy myself, and keep a close eye on OIL/LE tags as they continue to creep out of reach...:p

Speaking of which I need to go pack. I have a buddy out from CA that needs some help filling a late cow tag this weekend.

Man those odds really dropped. Instead of a life sentence with no tag, you get life plus 10 years. :D Thanks for the stats, I'm surprised it increased that much.

This is disappointing. This would move to a paradigm where it makes no sense for anyone and everyone to not apply. Roll the dice, maybe draw a tag and then figure out the funds. Even in areas that have not historically needed points to hunt, I expect there to still be an impact. I definitely see the writing on the wall that the odds for MSG especially, will get worse... From the selfish, in-state perspective, I never thought we were twisting anyone's arm to come hunting in CO.

I'm really surprised at the amount of selfishness expressed in this thread. For a resident young person, finding the $750+ to just to apply for MSG ( and have zero chance of drawing, you aren't even eligible in the first three yers ) was the quite the deterrent from becoming involved.

I'm curious if they'll put a hold on the card (like what happens on Kickstarter), or only execute a transaction when you've drawn.

Putting a hold on the card would make a lot of sense. You still have the "you must be able to afford this" without the need to physically transfer money.

Using an Authorization Hold isn't possible unless they get a hell of a lot faster at conducting the draw, since with Visa and MC, holds are capped by the card network at 30 days. The issuing bank also can set their own maximum duration (and it's usually less than 30 days).

Depending on how they implement it (and it's good that they'll start with Spring Turkey since it's a smaller pool/Beta test), this could end up playing similar to AZ's method - where if your card is declined for whatever reason (expired, stolen, not enough credit limit, etc) upon the draw, you just don't get drawn. AZ used to call applicants in these cases but stopped that practice this year, and now just allow you to update card information via their website prior to the draw date.

Using an Authorization Hold isn't possible unless they get a hell of a lot faster at conducting the draw, since with Visa and MC, holds are capped by the card network at 30 days. The issuing bank also can set their own maximum duration (and it's usually less than 30 days).

Cool, I didn't know that about the hold. That must be why Kickstarter campaigns top out at one month.

I've always wondered what take so long to run the draw and figured it must have to do with paper applications. If those are eliminated, what would be the next hold up?

I'm really surprised at the amount of selfishness expressed in this thread. For a resident young person, finding the $750+ to just to apply for MSG ( and have zero chance of drawing, you aren't even eligible in the first three yers ) was the quite the deterrent from becoming involved.

Agreed ... and my thoughts exactly!

With everything being online and CC I would think it wouldn't take 2 months for draw results anymore?

With everything being online and CC I would think it wouldn't take 2 months for draw results anymore?

RIGHT!? I've always guessed that the mail in applications are what slows things.....who even does that anymore? Ha

I always figured CO was collecting interest on the fees for the 2 or 3 months before they issue the refund checks!

Cool, I didn't know that about the hold. That must be why Kickstarter campaigns top out at one month.

I've always wondered what take so long to run the draw and figured it must have to do with paper applications. If those are eliminated, what would be the next hold up?

The next hold up, you ask? They have to make it longer to torture us!

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back