Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Float hunt for mule deer?

Jwill

Anybody ever do such a trip? I've got a canoe and a raft and think this would be pretty cool to pull off. The options look fairly limited trying to find a large enough river with public land that's not all roaded up and that isn't in a cliffed out canyon. Not looking for giant bucks just a good adventure and hunt, bonus points if it's on a good trout river. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to kick around ideas on this. Looking like this could be pulled off in ID, haven't found a really good option in WY or MT yet, and maybe a couple options in CO & UT if a tag could be pulled. Too bad just about all the states draw the unit boundaries along rivers so you can't hunt both sides...

merry xmas, but you'll likely see more wts, good ones.

Attachments

• merryXmas.jpg
    merryXmas.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 710
You could have a decent float hunt for mule deer on Idaho’s Middle Fork of the Salmon, Frank Church Wilderness. Deer season is from 9/15 to 10/31 for general tags. There’s an unlimited draw November tag.

I've been looking at that trip but it's pretty skinny water that time of year and you can get a lot of ice toward the end of that trip. Best bet is to fly halfway with the raft, then float out.

You could have a decent float hunt for mule deer on Idaho’s Middle Fork of the Salmon, Frank Church Wilderness. Deer season is from 9/15 to 10/31 for general tags. There’s an unlimited draw November tag.

What about the Main from Corn Creek?

been there done that quite a few times, be a waiting line at the boat ramp next year,,,,,

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back