Any SoCal Peeps Want To Elk Hunt

Wheaty17

Looking for someone to hunt the western states for elk. No, don't have any honey holes i'll share with you. It'll all be new ground. But, that hasn't stopped me from taking 5 elk in 9 years and passing on numerous others. I hunt primarily archery but am looking to get into Muzzleloader. I have multiple pref points in many western states. I'm 43 and looking for someone who's willing to hike in and pack out heavy. I'd actually prefer someone who has bivy experience and can show me a thing or two about camping in the backwoods. I like to try to self film but that isn't my primary goal. I'm a very serious hunter but also a goofball. Think Randy Newberg lite.

If anyone is game let me know.

Howdy, Is Las Vegas too far away from you? I'm interested and think i might have a similar hunting style. I don't have any bivy experience but have taken some elk and deer with Muzzleloaders. I'm 40 and fit enough as I have packed a few elk out of the mountains with family and friends. To me, packing meat out is half the fun of the hunt. Have to test yourself to see if you can get it done. Have not packed one out solo yet as I am only five years into big game hunting but now apply in 15 states so i have some points in each as well. What state / area is your top pick for elk hunting should you be so lucky to get it? Or are you thinking OTC tags?

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajjones
Back